mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Lost in canada... HELP!!

www.cyclingdirt.org is heading up to Baie Saint Paul this weekend to cover the first round of the Canada Cup!

What do we need to know about Baie Saint Paul, The course, Where to find info on the race, who's racing, who's not racing, who should we make sure to interview, what should we get footage of, how does the series overall work, etc, etc...

Any info about the race or just Canadian XC racing in general is welcomed!

Thanks all!

(Event coverage will start Friday and can all be found here. We'll have video of all the races/ photos/ results/ reports etc.)
    [SIZE="5"]I am Cyclingdirt[/SIZE]

humber river advocate
    we won't be racing, but will be in the general area exploring, and perhaps doing an urban assult in old quebec city on sunday.... all depends on the rain

Out there
    Aug 2006
    The main thing to know about BSP is it has AWESOME CHEESE and AMAZING TORTIERE.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

ups and downs
    Here's the National MTB race calendar it has the links to the organizers websites

http://www.canadian-cycling.com/cca/...b_calendar.pdf

Baie Saint-Paul website: http://www.clubcyclistecharlevoix.com/

Around Quebec City and out to Mont Sainte Anne you'll find a lot of bilingual speakers who are used to dealing with tourists, but as you go further east you'll find that you might need your French/English tourist dictionary more often.

And prepare to be struck by how many very pretty women with great smiles you will encounter in Quebec.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Out there
    Aug 2006
    Yeah, I agree re the bilingual thing. I met lots of (very nice) people in BSP who hardly spoke a word of English.

If you meet the Kowalski sisters, say Hi.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

mtbr member
    BSP is in the Charlevoix region of Quebec, about 35 minutes from Mont-Saint-Anne. It is a beautiful little town on the Saint Lawerence river with close access to some of the most beautiful geography in Eastern Canada.

Details of the race are here, but you have to read French. You might want to call the race organizer. There is even a link to all registered racers. Hope that helps.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the info so far guys!
    [SIZE="5"]I am Cyclingdirt[/SIZE]

xx = xtrČ
    Emily Batty, Eric Batty, Adam Morka and many others will be there. BSP race course is very beautifull for the spectators. I would have done the race but i am waiting for my new brakes

Race schedule: http://www.coupequebecvm.com/fiche_infocourse.php?id=29

ups and downs
    It looks like you made it to BSP and delivered some really decent coverage of the pre-event, looking forward to seeing the race coverage. .
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada