mtbr member
    May 2009

Looking for help selling Ti Titus Racer-X

Hello Everyone,

Looking for a little direction if possible. I have a 4 year old titanium Titus Racer-X (Hammerhead 100x style frame made special in Ti) that is going to waste in my basement and am hoping for a little direction in how to go about selling it. Minimal mileage and has been professionally serviced maintained.

Bike is 23" top tube with XTR and XO, Manitou Minute, Chris King hubs/headset, Marta SL's...I'm 5'10" with 31.5" inseam if that helps size it.

Having a hard time setting a price and don't really want to go #Bay, didn't think the classifieds here would get enough Canadian traffic (I am in Southern Ontario).

If anyone has any ideas for me that would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Charles

Ps My apologies if this rubs anyone the wrong way...just don't have any ideas aside from #bay...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Could try the gear swap at MEC or pink bike. There is a classified section on mtbr as well. If you live in a high traffic area, could always go on consignment at your LBS.

sock puppet

part it out

post the parts in the Canadiancyclist.com classifieds section. You will get more money once all is done...

what is the size of the frame - I guess medium?

it is going to be hard to sell the whole bike as a package... particularly now when the season has started and everyone committed to their racing steed...

Quote Originally Posted by sault
    Hello Everyone,

Looking for a little direction if possible. I have a 4 year old titanium Titus Racer-X (Hammerhead 100x style frame made special in Ti) that is going to waste in my basement and am hoping for a little direction in how to go about selling it. Minimal mileage and has been professionally serviced maintained.

Bike is 23" top tube with XTR and XO, Manitou Minute, Chris King hubs/headset, Marta SL's...I'm 5'10" with 31.5" inseam if that helps size it.

Having a hard time setting a price and don't really want to go #Bay, didn't think the classifieds here would get enough Canadian traffic (I am in Southern Ontario).

Thanks,

Charles

Ps My apologies if this rubs anyone the wrong way...just don't have any ideas aside from #bay...

mtbr member
    May 2009

Thanks for the responses...

Will check with my local bike stores and see about posting on pinkbike and canadiancyclist...

Charles

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Quote Originally Posted by sault
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

Charles

You could sign up and post an ad in our buy and sell section of our forum.
    Quite a few bike have already sold on there.
    http://shorthillbillys.com/forum/index.php
    150 plus Niagara/Southern Ontario riders and growing everyday.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson