mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Looking for Burlington/Hamilton/Waterdown/close to here Group Rides

It's been a while since I've biked with anyone else and was curious if there are some group rides going on I could join. I'm up for mostly cross country, I'm not overly fast but have semi-decent slowly improving conditioning so I hope I would only slow down the faster groups.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Gears Bike Shop does a group ride on Tuesday nights. Fairly small, not too fast. Usually covers trails like Kelso, Hilton Falls, Waterdown etc. You can find more info on their site. www.gearsbikeshop.com

You have to have insurance to ride via the OCA....I think it is $25 for the season and that also gets you a discount at the shop.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Cool thanks! I had checked New World in Burlington but they only do road rides. Weather permitting I'll check out Gears tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    http://www.thebicycleworks.ca/grouprides.htm

Bicycle works in Waterdown also does group rides twice a week.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    freewheel cycle in dundas has grouprides a couple times a week with different skill-levels. Rides are mostly in dundas valley and surrounding areas though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hey there,

At Freewheel we have an intermediate Thursday Evening ride that leaves the shop at 6pm. This would be well suited to what you've described.

phil shep

COMM|T OR EAT SH|T