Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Localy (GTA) available cold weather gear for tall rider.

669 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  limba 
#1 ·
I've looked through the Clyde forum, I've read the general cold weather gear threads etc.

But: I'm hoping there's other tall riders that can suggest local places to get cold weather clothing. As it's fine to know what you want, but for me it's a whole other problem to actually find it to buy.

I'm 6'7" ~240lbs, so ordering online isn't practical as really you need to try it on first. I'm looking for layers for legs + gloves especially, (as finding jackets is a bit easier).

I'm located in Durham Region but work in Toronto so anything in between is fair game. I've tried MEC with minimal succes (tights etc just don't seem long enough).

It's getting to the point (not just biking stuff) that I was thinking a tall guys sportswear store could actually do well.

#2 ·
I can't recall the name but there's a sports-clothing retailer at 427 & Steeles Ave W that caters to tall/big guys. Not sure if they have cycling-specific stuff but I'm sure they'd have something. I remember a buddy of mine going there to find size 16 shoes & boots...it's on Steeles on the south side

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.