mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Liberty Bicycles 2 Bond St. St.Catharines

Stopped into Liberty this afternoon for their "soft opening"They still have some construction to do,but they had a good selection of new "sweet rides"for sale.All in stock bikes are 10% off for the month of May.Got me thinking about a new 29er for my stable!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Going there after work to get my wife a new bike (late Christmas present). I am more excited than her about the fact that she will now experience the 29er movement. Kona Big Kahuna, here we come...

Steady Creepin'
    Personally, I'm holding out for the 129er movement to catch on..

Evil Jr.
    That Didi guy is a total nut. What would the Tour be without him?
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

bi-winning
    I stopped by today after work.

One of the coolest things about the shop right now is that all of the bikes are brand new. There are no stale left over models from 1, 2, 3+ years ago, since they have not been able to recover any of their old stock from the insurance people.
    Last edited by rkj__; 05-12-2010 at 06:09 PM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

All my faucets is Moen.

veldrijder
    I really need to stop in sometime to check it out. I've certainly missed them while they were closed.

mtbr member

Thanks

Yes...
    Thanks to everyone who has been coming in to say hello. It's been a weird nine months. We are still sanding, painting and organizing... and really the place is only half-open. That is, we are only using half of the space right now. We should be getting some more lights put in today, and, well, we are making fast progress now. And, people have been inspecting, shopping and buying, and that is nice for a change....
    After the fire, there was a lot of pressure on us to leave the downtown area, and for better or worse, I just could not make myself do that. What we have created is a very cool, old re-purposed 1930's industrial building that used to be an automotive sales and service centre (for Hudson & Essex Cars http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Motor_Car_Company). So, it's a neat transition into 2010, and a really comfortable working/retail environment.
    Rjk is right about the inventory. It's all new. [Forum note: Sales-pitch ahead.] And we are offering discounts on everything to get some cash-flow rolling... (Just ask JCR.)
    As for our "fire sale" things are still up in the air, unfortunately. But, the last meeting with lawyers and senior insurance guys was positive. I am hopeful we will are approaching a deal very soon, which should allow us to offer those warehoused bikes at close to 1/2 price. Same goes for the accessories and other misc stuff from the old shop. So, I should have information on that soon, and will post it on our website. http://www.libertybicycles.com [Note: /Sales-pitch]
    We have had a ton of community support, and I really appreciate it. It has made a difficult chapter bearable. So, this is me saying thank you. Drop by!

mtbr member
    I'll try to stop in next week. Good luck with the new shop.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Liberty Bicycles 2 Bond St.St.Catharines--Fire sale now on

A complete list and prices of all the bikes on the fire sale is listed on there website.I just went there and purchased a 29er for my stable.Great prices and selection.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by THE FOG
    A complete list and prices of all the bikes on the fire sale is listed on there website.I just went there and purchased a 29er for my stable.Great prices and selection.
    Many great deals on bikes I don't need.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

dirt roadie
    I needed a good excuse to buy a bike with pink accents, so I went in and snagged a super cute cruiser....for my mom, of course

PS if you're waffling about a bike on the list, get in there fast. From what I saw, the bikes are selling crazy fast. In the half-hour I was there, 3 or 4 bikes were sold and there was about 15-20 people mulling about the shop. There's still a lot of work to be done but the shop looks great so far.

All my faucets is Moen.
    dang, your mom rides singlespeed.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion
    dang, your mom rides singlespeed.
    3 speed geared hub dude.

Shorthills Cycling Club

All my faucets is Moen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    3 speed geared hub dude.
    Phft. Your mom's wack. Or I am.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion
    Phft. Your mom's wack. Or I am.
    Reallly?

Shorthills Cycling Club