Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007

Last chance to apply for the IMBA Trail Care Crew!

If your local trails have a problem area, you need help with local advocacy issues or you want to build all new trails, a visit from IMBA's Trail Care Crew might be the ticket to accelerate things in your area. *cough*Copeland*cough*

Scuttlebut has it that Ontario hasn't got very many applications in this year, so the odds would be good. Though I do see more clubs on the updated application list...

The application deadline has been extended to Monday November 21st.

Hamilton Cycling Club benefited tremendously from their visit last year. They advocated for us very successfully with the Hamilton Conservation Authority; they helped us lay out new trail; and they held a massively successful trail school and build. This is a great program - take advantage!

Evil Jr.
    +1 to that. We wouldn't be nearly halfway to where we are now without them.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

All my faucets is Moen.
    The Short Hills Cycling Club as well as our partners and the park users have all benefited greatly from IMBA's TCC visit last spring. The new trail that was built is amazing and holing up very well to the fall rainstorms.

Here's a write up from from Cornrocket that was published IMBA's website. Unfortunately in all of these press releases I'm wearing hot pink pants.
    Success Story: St. Catharines, ON | International Mountain Bike Association Canada

and of course the HCC
    Success Story: Hamilton, ON | International Mountain Bike Association Canada

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Interesting... the application for Kingston is to an area that is members only.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Interesting... the application for Kingston is to an area that is members only.
    You have to buy a ticket if you want to win the lottery!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

namagomi
    Eh, local guy might not want their help.

*cough*BAD pr & trail sanitization issue unresolved*cough*

I think it's a bit early for copeland, they are still doing consultations with other user groups.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    Eh, local guy might not want their help.

*cough*BAD pr & trail sanitization issue unresolved*cough*

I think it's a bit early for copeland, they are still doing consultations with other user groups.
    Honestly, I think you're right. There needs to be a club with IMBA affiliation to apply. Having said that, not all the consultation hurdles need to be completed prior to application. In fact, application can speed the consultations (it did in our case).

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl View Post
    Honestly, I think you're right. There needs to be a club with IMBA affiliation to apply. Having said that, not all the consultation hurdles need to be completed prior to application. In fact, application can speed the consultations (it did in our case).
    Part of the problem is who actually applies then? I forget the name of the mnr group - couchiching conservation(?) but i don't think they're ready. The locals are not organized and many of them resent imba for various reason. I don't think they're ready. Maybe satan or bill know otherwise.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    Part of the problem is who actually applies then? I forget the name of the mnr group - couchiching conservation(?) but i don't think they're ready. The locals are not organized and many of them resent imba for various reason. I don't think they're ready. Maybe satan or bill know otherwise.
    I don't know if they're IMBA affiliates but the Barrie club could conceivably apply. Trail School would be a great way to get different user groups in the same room talking about trails and getting to know each other.