Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Kingston July XC Race

Just found out that there is a new addition to the Jukly race calender. July 26th courtesy of J&J in Kingston.

http://www.jjcycle.com/Rides_and_Races.html

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Race is in 4 weeks.

There is a 12k and 24k options.

Race fee's are $20 before July 19th and $25 after the 19th.

No. Just No. Moderator
    That's kind of cool. When was the last time there was a race in Kingston? (I may be showing some ignorance here)

What are the trails like? What's the local riding scene for XC? Hopefully a few riders from the Ottawa side come to play with the locals too. Lots of wickedly quick riders from Ottawa and region, who often don't travel to the predominantly GTA-centric O-Cup series.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip
    That's kind of cool. When was the last time there was a race in Kingston? (I may be showing some ignorance here)

What are the trails like? What's the local riding scene for XC? Hopefully a few riders from the Ottawa side come to play with the locals too. Lots of wickedly quick riders from Ottawa and region, who often don't travel to the predominantly GTA-centric O-Cup series.
    From what I can tell the last major race other then the 8 hour was back in the 90's.

The race takes place on the J&J trails, private trail area. It will have a mixture of clay, limestone and such. Though I'm guessing as J&J trails require a membership to ride and paying money to ride goes against my dirtbag ethos.

Judging from the spring it is advisable to some bug spray as well.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    A week and 2 days till race day in Kingston.

Kidding myself...
    The J&J Cycle Limestone Classic 12km / 24km Race turned out to be very successful in spite of the mud and a wooden bridge that gave out. The trail is one of the nicest I have ever ridden in Southeastern Ontario. A good time was had by all!
    "When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race." ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    I have a cottage near Kingston, I might consider doing this race next year. I didn't race at all this year, a recovery year for my broken ankile. Are the trails technical, hilly, rock gardenish? Did the bridge colapse during the race???

Kidding myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by langford
    I have a cottage near Kingston, I might consider doing this race next year. I didn't race at all this year, a recovery year for my broken ankile. Are the trails technical, hilly, rock gardenish? Did the bridge colapse during the race???
    Cool! Whereabouts is your cottage? The trails are all of the above with some shorter, medium intensity climbing. Lots of roots and rocks. It's a beautifully designed trail with mostly flowy singletrack. So far the most technical rock gardenish section (my fav) has not been used for races. There is also a very popular 8hr Enduro in August. Next time you're in town drop by J&J Cycle for more info or check their website jjcycle.com.
    I hope your ankle is better!
    "When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race." ~H.G. Wells

Kidding myself...
    2010 Kingston Races:

Quoted from a recent e-mail:

"Mark your calendars, Sunday July 25th is a mass start 12/24km race, and Sunday August 29th is the J&J 8 Hour Race. Registration for these events will soon be available at our store, or on our website jjcycle.com There is also an enduro [to be] held at the Glenburnie trails by Substance Projects on either July 4th or 18th (to be determined)".

Good times!