Thread: Kelso??

mtbr member

Kelso??

Was just wondering when they open for mountainbikeing?
    09 Demo 8 I
    06' Big Hit III
    06' Hardrock Pro
    08' P3

Shane C.

Space for rent...
    Keep hitting refresh...

http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/...?subCatID=1228

Because they make a lot of snow for the ski hill, Kelso is usually one of the last places to open. However, it appears that the weather will be warm all week, so perhaps within a couple of weeks we may be in luck. Fingers crossed...
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    they are open now...found this on another forum

The trails at Kelso are open for the 2008 season.

I was out on Friday doing a final sweep and can't believe how good it was. We have one section closed due to water and 1 or 2 trees that we still need to clear but the dirt was tacky, the sun was shining and I was smiling.

Access is available through the Summit or Main gates everyday
    09 Demo 8 I
    06' Big Hit III
    06' Hardrock Pro
    08' P3

Shane C.

X-Ray Guy
    what is this $10 per vehicle thing im reading about....is it new for this year? that would suck if u have to pay $10 plus $7 to ride

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz
    what is this $10 per vehicle thing im reading about....is it new for this year? that would suck if u have to pay $10 plus $7 to ride
    The way it reads to me is that it's just $10 per car at the summit no matter how many riders are in the car, or $7 each at the bottom gate. Weird. It seems it couldn't be right, but that's the way it looks to me...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I was there on Sunday and the summit parking was of the self serve variety. There were no gate attendants but riders and hikers were required to take an envelope, record the licence # and date, throw in 5 bucks and display the tag on the car dashboard. While I was mounting up, enforcement types were busy ticketing cars not displaying payment stubs. I asked if bike tags were required and was told that 5loonies in an envelope was sufficient.I suspect that will change when the gates are staffed.
    The conditions up top were excellent, and bone dry on all the trails that I rode.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothings_Shocking
    Was just wondering when they open for mountainbikeing?
    I rode there this afternoon and there was still no gate attendant. I just left my pass on my dash in case of the pass police coming by. As Jump says, the conditions were optimal. Great traction and clear trails. Kind of surreal though at the hill top passing by the remaining snow when it's 23 degrees outside...A great day for a ride though.

Neil
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Keep pedaling...
    Apr 2008
    I think I'm gonna check Kelso out tomorrow right after work - either that or Hilton Falls' blue trail again. I think I can tackle those rocks this time...