mtbr member
    Dec 2006

KEEN adventure sports games

Anybody else hear about this? Is this a yearly event? Any idea of what the Valley to Village course will be like?

http://www.adventuresportsgames.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    2nd year in Ontario. It made the list of competitions to enter in 2008 in some adventure racing mag, thats what some adventure racer friends say. They convinced me to enter this year, since I also do some paddling and trail running. Everyone on this forum is gaga over the 3 day stage race that will be at the end of the month of Sept., which is awesome but I dont want to fork out 750 for a race thats at the END of Sept, who knows what the weather will be.

mtbr member
    I will most likely be doing this race. I did it last year and despite the horrible weather it was a blast.

They reall need to get their **** together this year if they want to get repeat customers. Last year they really pissed a lot of people off with bad planning in terms of the shuttles.

1. you have to register before the race, at the finish line
    2. then drive to the start (30 min almost)
    3. get ready, do the race, get to the village, there was no awards show
    4. wait over an hour and a half for the shuttle (supposed to run every 30 min)
    5. take shuttle to finish, shuttle wont take bikes (30 min, potentially more if there are people on your bus that have to go back to the 30km starting line)
    6. drive back to start, pickup bikes (30 min)

They should have simplified this process.

mtbr member
    I did the shorter route last year and I agree that "despite the horrible weather it was a blast". It was extremely muddy and I did more walking then riding.

I will definetly go back and do it again this year.

As for the shuttle problems, I went with my s.o. She drove me to the start and then met me coming out of the brush at the top of Scenic Caves. It was then a quick descent into the village.

Here is the thread from last year about it.

Classic 60km Enduro Race in Blue Mountain Area…..no laps….Sept. 15