X-Ray Guy

Iriquous Heights Trail Pics and Condition (lots of pics)

So i decided to go out for a few hours ride to the trails around my house and see how they are doing. For the most part they are drying up fairly well, warm sun and wind are helping alot. The open path is pretty well completely dry up top but on the way down it does get pretty wet. One good thing is that there is no more snow on the path down but some on the sides.

The open area that leads to the trail is still very wet and i slow pedaled or walked around the worst areas. Once inside the trails are pretty good except for the areas that the water naturally drains around. Midway a worm decided to hang onto my shock for a spin but sadly he wasnt there when i got home.

Good to get out there for a spin and check the widlife, lots of cardinals kicking around and good stress relief from exams. Another good thing i spotted was there was some clean up crews going around with chainsaws and cutting up all the large trees that have fallen. There are a few big ones on the trails inside, but not horrible.

Sorry for the sideways pics

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hmmm....looks not too bad in there. I was going to take a ride over there this morning while my kid was in school, but the front tire was flat when I was getting ready, so I spent my morning changing a tire, doing some bike work and did a little pedal around the neighbourhood.

I'll hopefully get out there over the weekend, or early next week. Looks like some trails are definatly ridable now....cool!

Tim

rad to the power of sick
    I love the pic with the worm

X-Ray Guy
    just out there again today...and its getting much better by the day....but there are sooooo many little side trails that ive never seen before. Some go off to nowhere so i cant tell which ones are new bike paths and what is just from the local pack of deer or from bush party people. Had a nasty wipe out and banged up my knee so i wont be back there till sunday im guessing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I've done two or three rides there this week, and the trails are all pretty much dry. It is interesting to see just how much they dry up when I head out there every two days. The rail trail has a couple of damp spots, but the only real muddy patches are in the open, rutted field. Two or three muddy spots, but nothing you can't ride thru.

I also like the new bridge they've put in on the Radial Trail to the golf course. Nice that it keeps the trail open, and becuase there is a little drop on the downhill end of the bridge, was able to bunny hop off the end of it and my wheels might have seen a peek of daylight Scared the crap out of an older walker tho on the lower, older bridge. Apologized for it and he was very understanding about it.

Interestingly tho, I have seen deer every trip out there this year so far...and I gotta love them, as they usually break up that long climb up the doubletrack that leads to Old Mohawk road. Fearless little buggers as well, they come right up to you. Very neat to see...

Tim