Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Inside Nobodies Bikes

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

mtbr member
    That was good for an early morning laugh, thanks!

That's actually a giant can of pretentious CZECH lager though.

sock puppet
    i miss that sucker... all we have now is some headless flying creatures and posts oblivious to their ignorance...

thank god for Biggie...

Misfit Psycles
    Attention Followers:
    Look for new FANCLUB (only) edition stickers and an improved THEMESONG some time in December.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Dorkimus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere View Post
    Attention Followers:
    Look for new FANCLUB (only) edition stickers and an improved THEMESONG some time in December.
    Yup, Biggieism, and his fanclub, the Biggots, should be ready for a December launch. Can you help me with the stickers?
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

namagomi

I'm never going back to gears!

As any good bike racer knows, rationalization is a key element to the sport. You donít lose a race because it was too hard. You lose because it was too easy, and those damn wheelsuckers kept the group together, thus preventing a breakaway from formingóa breakaway which you would of course have gotten into, and from which you would have subsequently ridden away, thus winning the race solo while proudly displaying the logo of your sponsorís urology practice. Furthermore, your placing in a race does not tell the entire story. Letís say you placed 43rd in a race, but you finished with the same time as the winner. And letís say the winner only works part-time, trains all week long, never drinks, and hasnít known the sensual touch of another sinceówell, since visiting his sponsorís urology practice. Meanwhile, you work full-time, never train, drink often, and had to pry yourself from the sensual touch of another in order to get out of bed and go to the race this morning. Sure, the ďwinnerĒ crossed the line first, but you finished in the same time, and you didnít give up anything in order to do it. Arenít you the real winner here?

Similarly, the less you paid for your equipment, the more your placing is worth. If you cross the line on a $1,000 bike at the same time as a rider on a $6,000 bike, you essentially won, because you spent 5,000 fewer dollars in order to do it. Sure, $5,000 may buy you a fraction of a second here or there in the form of aerodynamics or lighter weight, but saving $5,000 is worth infinitely more in terms of bragging rights. And changing your perception of victory is way cheaper than changing your equipment.

No group has tapped into this wisdom more successfully than singlespeed mountain bikers. The singlespeed mountain biker revels in the fact that heís accomplished the same thing as the geared rider, and he lives for that moment when someone is impressed by his ability to keep up while using a derailleur-less drivetrain. Of course, the truth is that on a lot of terrain a singlespeed mountain bike isnít much of a handicap. In fact, often itís an advantage. When confronted with a steep grade on a singlespeed mountain bike, you either have to stomp up it really fast, or you have to run it. Meanwhile, the geared rider will downshift eternally until heís spinning a tiny gear so violently he simply falls over. Itís kind of like clothing. It might seem like youíre at a disadvantage if youíve only got one pair of pants, but the fact is when itís time to leave the house you just throw on your pants and leave. On the other hand, if youíve got too many pants, youíll need time to decide which ones to wear, then youíll need to find a matching shirt, then you realize the shirt that goes with those pants is dirty, and you don't have any clean pants to match the clean shirt, and before you know it youíre 40 minutes late. Still, the singlespeed is perceived as a handicap, thus allowing the singlespeed mountain biker to stay up late doing bong hits, show up at the race the following morning, finish 15 minutes down on the guy riding the geared full-suspension bike whoís trained really hard, and still look like the toughest guy out there. (A notion thatís only reinforced after the race when he pulls on his one and only pair of grease-stained pants.)

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Yup, Biggieism, and his fanclub, the Biggots, should be ready for a December launch. Can you help me with the stickers?
    I will happily make profit of anyone else's initiative at any time.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    I will happily make profit of anyone else's initiative at any time.
    Loosely translated... Please please help me keep the heat on this winter.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

I Strava Hamburgers
    of course, the truth is that on a lot of terrain a singlespeed mountain bike isnít much of a handicap. In fact, often itís an advantage. When confronted with a steep grade on a singlespeed mountain bike, you either have to stomp up it really fast, or you have to run it. Meanwhile, the geared rider will downshift eternally until heís spinning a tiny gear so violently he simply falls over. Itís kind of like clothing. It might seem like youíre at a disadvantage if youíve only got one pair of pants, but the fact is when itís time to leave the house you just throw on your pants and leave. On the other hand, if youíve got too many pants, youíll need time to decide which ones to wear, then youíll need to find a matching shirt, then you realize the shirt that goes with those pants is dirty, and you don't have any clean pants to match the clean shirt, and before you know it youíre 40 minutes late. Still, the singlespeed is perceived as a handicap, thus allowing the singlespeed mountain biker to stay up late doing bong hits, show up at the race the following morning, finish 15 minutes down on the guy riding the geared full-suspension bike whoís trained really hard, and still look like the toughest guy out there. (a notion thatís only reinforced after the race when he pulls on his one and only pair of grease-stained pants.)

How dare you sum up my race season sir.... minus the bong hits.. more beer though.

//totally stealing this....
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Stone View Post
    How dare you sum up my race season sir.... minus the bong hits.. more beer though.

//totally stealing this....
    ) I lifted it from elsewhere anyways! However the technique is sound and may be repeated to maximum profit with singlespeed and platform shoes.

Chicken or egg? Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    the technique is sound and may be repeated to maximum profit with singlespeed and platform shoes.
    Do the platform shoes help Petey to reach the pedals so his little legs don't dangle in the air?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Do the platform shoes help Petey to reach the pedals so his little legs don't dangle in the air?
    Yes, but what sort of world would it be if people couldn't dangle their legs in the air?

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Maybe.. but he doesn't need a milk crate to stand on to get on his bike.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Maybe.. but he doesn't need a milk crate to stand on to get on his bike.
    ... plus the stem doesn't have to be flipped like you're gonna ride the tdf in your ... er wait, ban hammer probably circling.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    ... plus the stem doesn't have to be flipped like you're gonna ride the tdf in your ... er wait, ban hammer probably circling.
    I smell fear.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

namagomi
    I smell fear.
    Along came a spider...

Anybody want to own up to this neg rep? Leave electrik alone!

Inside Nobodies Bikes 11-05-2011 11:32 PM here we go again

Anonymouse, why don't you write me a personal note next time instead of stabbing in the back! Are you that afraid of me?

I can't help that i am pure unbridled awesomeness and you are a some sort of internet forum teetotaler.
    Last edited by electrik; 11-05-2011 at 09:47 PM.

humber river advocate
    pin it! love that picture, more awesome then all the sausage suits combined
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Along came a spider...

Anybody want to own up to this neg rep? Leave electrik alone!

Inside Nobodies Bikes 11-05-2011 11:32 PM here we go again

Anonymouse, why don't you write me a personal note next time instead of stabbing in the back! Are you that afraid of me?

I can't help that i am pure unbridled awesomeness and you are a some sort of internet forum teetotaler.
    Hmm... judging from trends and expensive pie charts. And after consulting with my honourable ancestors. I suspect that it is our Left Coast based adult day care.. oops I mean Mod trying to walk the thin fence. Between the Dalek moderation style and the light Silence moderation style.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

sock puppet
    you are just a collateral damage... gnome is the real culprit...

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    pin it! love that picture, more awesome then all the sausage suits combined
    Yes, it is full of win!

Hmm... judging from trends and expensive pie charts. And after consulting with my honourable ancestors. I suspect that it is our Left Coast based adult day care.. oops I mean Mod trying to walk the thin fence. Between the Dalek moderation style and the light Silence moderation style.
    You mean ride a thin fence.

It would be too bad if this placed got so serious it was turned into a funeral parlour... for one there would be no pie, let alone sausages. Well maybe those little tiny sausages on sticks.

Misfit Psycles
    people with computers are awesome.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    people with computers are awesome.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com