bi-winning

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! I'll be living in the GTA this summer

Well, it's official. I won't be living in Niagara (or Ancaster) this summer. I have accepted a co-op job at an engineering firm in Mississauga, and will be living at Humber College from May to the end of August.

I will have a good ol' Pontiac Sunfire to get me around too. That will put several new riding places within a reasonable driving distance - although nothing is particularly close. According to google maps, Albion, King City, Kelso, Hilton Falls, and the Don are within a 40 minute drive. I hope to participate in the Tuesday night races at Albion for my weekly racing fix, although I'll definitely miss the 8x12 and all of the friends I made there. I'll be in Niagara for weekends often, and riding my "home" trails will definitely be a priority.

This summer will be full of changes and new challenges, but that is part of growing up. I will meet lots of new people, and gain valuable experience, both at, and outside of the workplace.

Some of you might be seeing less of me, while some of you might be seeing me more.

-Ryan
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Student
    Good luck with everything. Maybe we'll bump into each other on weekends. Take care of yourself.
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

dirt roadie
    Nooo...you can't leave Niagara!

Oh well...best of luck to you, you're pursuing a career that is definitely going to be rewarding Hope I can catch you on a weekend down here as well.

veldrijder
    Which firm will you be working for (feel free to PM if you'd rather not post it)?

Congrats on the job, and I wouldn't worry about the changes - I think you'll find the work experience very rewarding, and the new riding spots aren't too shabby either. I think I'd rather ride Albion than around here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    Well, it's official. I won't be living in Niagara (or Ancaster) this summer. I have accepted a co-op job at an engineering firm in Mississauga, and will be living at Humber College from May to the end of August.

I will have a good ol' Pontiac Sunfire to get me around too. That will put several new riding places within a reasonable driving distance - although nothing is particularly close. According to google maps, Albion, King City, Kelso, Hilton Falls, and the Don are within a 40 minute drive. I hope to participate in the Tuesday night races at Albion for my weekly racing fix, although I'll definitely miss the 8x12 and all of the friends I made there. I'll be in Niagara for weekends often, and riding my "home" trails will definitely be a priority.

This summer will be full of changes and new challenges, but that is part of growing up. I will meet lots of new people, and gain valuable experience, both at, and outside of the workplace.

Some of you might be seeing less of me, while some of you might be seeing me more.

-Ryan
    If you need a guide to any of those places, drop me a line and I would be happy to. 'cept King city, not familiar with that one, yet anyway.

rad to the power of sick
    Attaboy...

definitely try and make it out to the albion weekly races. They're a blast.

bi-winning
    Thanks for the good wishes everybody.

When the time comes, I'm sure I'll post up looking for a tour guide/riding buddy. I'll be living in a completely new place, so I'll need to make some new friends (both on and off the trails)
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club