Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hydrocut ride, Sat. Oct. 13, 9:30am!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  doozerdave 
#1 ·
It's bound to be a crisp morning ride, but I figure if it isn't raining tomorrow morning I've got to get out there! It hasn't rained since yesterday, and there wasn't that much rain anyway, so the trails should be half decent.

I'll try to be there at 9:30. Silver/Blue NRS (https://farm1.static.flickr.com/138/331176476_16c500df6f.jpg), and I'll likely be wearing black w/white stripe pants and a blue long sleeved shirt, no backpack.

I know this is last minute, but hopefully someone can make it out to join me :)

-Dave

#4 ·
Well, in a way I'm glad I was riding alone today. I was having major annoying drive train issues that wouldn't have been any more fun for someone else than it was for me.

Last night I converted it to 1x9 and it was jumping off the front over any spots where the rear suspension would move a lot. I had even shortened the chain to up the tension but I guess it isn't enough. Back to 3x9 I guess. I hate that I can't leave well enough alone. hahaha

-Dave

#7 ·
Your're almost...

Your almost there!! shorted the chain some more and take off 8 of those spiky cogs at the back and go singlespeed.!! Pretty much the whole season for trail riding/traing rides in the bush were on my singlespeed bike. racing I used some form of gearing though. How was the trails this morning? A little slick maybe? Hope to get up there again before the snow comes, whats' it like in in the winter? Anyways, a pic of the singlespeed for your enticement. and how I ride the bike in the winter, just flip the wheel over and ride fixed in the trails!!
VernD.

Attachments

#8 ·
hahaha... I don't think I'm quite ready for the singlespeed yet. Besides, I'd have to either replace that pesky shock with a bar, or get a chain tensioner. ;)

I looked through that thread that rkj posted and found a post where a guy made lexan inner and outer "rings" to keep the chain on. I'm going to attempt this tomorrow morning!

The trails at the Hydrocut today were amazingly good! Better than last weekend, in fact. I didn't get any mud on me, but I only rode the Glasgow side due to the drivetrain woes. Lots of leaves down now, but dry, and traction was sweet.

-Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.