Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004

Hydrocut conditions?

Can anyone report the current hydrocut conditions? Was hoping to head out there Sat 5/30 for some good fun.

Custom User Title
    for what it is worth...

WCC Trails Closed Friday May 29

Posted 5/28/2009

On account of the excessive rainfall yesterday and again today, the WCC trails are closed for the remainder of today (May 28) and all of tomorrow (Friday May 29). Upon completion of a full 24 hour period without rainfall the trails will reopen for riding. Please schedule upcoming rides for the weekend provided Friday May 29 remains dry.

I am not from the area... but I believe this group administers that set of trails.

http://www.waterloocyclingclub.org/home.asp
    "an inch an hour...two feet per day..."

mtbr member
    FWIW

I received an e-mail through Facebook that the group ride scheduled there for this weekend would likely be postponed due to massive amounts of rain.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

mtbr member
    Believe me it rained a lot!!! We generally get the same weather as that area and we got a lot of rain! It even rained tonight (friday)
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

Sir Hurt Locker
    I live 10km from Hydrocut and was going to lead a group ride there on Sunday. We have gotten lots and lots of rain over the last 3 days, another storm is supposed to roll in tomorrow. Sunday is supposed to be nice but the trails will need at least all of sunday to dry. More rain expected Monday and Tuesday so I don't think the Hydrocut will be dry until late next week.
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    group ride was cancelled due to weather.

Stay off the muddy trails boys and girls, I saw a ton of people in the Don today leaving the trails covered in mud.

I was out on my road bike
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    What's hydrocut like now?
    I'm looking at getting out on Saturday for a multi-epic. Probably hit up Hydro-cut and follow up with Twin Lakes / Puslinch Tract.
    Any info on trail conditions would be grand.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by visser
    What's hydrocut like now?
    I'm looking at getting out on Saturday for a multi-epic. Probably hit up Hydro-cut and follow up with Twin Lakes / Puslinch Tract.
    Any info on trail conditions would be grand.
    Cheers
    I rode all of the trails at the Hydrocut yesterday...They are in pretty good shape for the most part. A few wet patches, but no major puddles to cause trail damage. Overall, it's in pretty decent riding shape. I can't speak for the potential of rainfall we got today...Very bushy though. Prepare for scratched arms...Great riding though...Have fun.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Sir Hurt Locker
    Hydrocut rocks! We got a lot of rain yesterday but with the nice weather today the trails should be perfectly tacky on Saturday and ideal for riding. Have a good time, and like mtbmeister said, the trails are bushy and long sleeves are recommended. Enjoy.
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    SWEET. Thanks for the input guys.
    I'm stoked to ride the hydrocut again.
    It's always an awesome ride.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Twister and some of Creepy corner are getting pretty thick in spots.

The Bride is the wettest. ;-)

veldrijder
    Yeah, I wouldn't go to the cut tomorrow. We cut our ride short tonight as it was just too sloppy, and more riding was only going to damage the trails.

Puslinch is probably excellent except some swampy areas - that's how it was on Wednesday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Rode it today and while there were some minor slick spots it was fine. If you have to wait until it is completely dry then you would probably never be able to ride it. Lots of other people had the same idea. Parking lot of packed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Eh oh.
    Thanks for all the info.
    Ended up riding yesterday afternoon - was brilliant conditions. A few minor wet spots, but nothing damaging the trails.
    And yes - more people definitely had the same idea... parking lot was packed, and there was a fair sized group of riders who did a tailgate BBQ. They knew how to git'er done. And were very kind - they shared their extra food.
    If any of them see this - thanks again.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I rode it yesterday at around lunch for a couple hours. Decided to do the trek from Mississauga.
    Conditions were very good, with a few damp spots but nothing to complain about. Seems like a spot that would take a long time to fully dry out. It is by far one of the best places to ride. Good compliment of riding styles accommodated here. Lot was also packed and found a few groups doing rides in there and tagged along a couple. Sure are lots of riders at this spot, moreso than Kelso and Hilton combined on a good day.

Sir Hurt Locker
    Rode the Hydrocut on Sunday and the conditions were absolutely perfect.

Cheers,

Seb

All my faucets is Moen.
    Fantastic vid! Thanks for the Hydrocut tour. I'm going to have to get out there this summer, as I've never been.

I love what happens at 209. I did that same thing myself last weekend. Ha

Sir Hurt Locker
    Jeff, you really need to get to the Hydrocut for a ride. The trails have the best flow in Ontario! Everyone who rides there absolutely loves the trails. You got some good trails up in St. Cats but Hydrocut still remains my favourite trail network in Ontario. Let me know when ur coming, maybe I can give you a tour.
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Tires
    Jeff, you really need to get to the Hydrocut for a ride. The trails have the best flow in Ontario! Everyone who rides there absolutely loves the trails. You got some good trails up in St. Cats but Hydrocut still remains my favourite trail network in Ontario. Let me know when ur coming, maybe I can give you a tour.
    I have to agree if you like fast flowy trails they are very nice. I rode them for the first time on Sunday and I am glad I made the drive up to check them out. They are not over techincal or huge ups and down but they are very fun. Very impressed with teh work the trail builders have done. Someone said they are now going to get funding to continue their work which is great.

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    Any current update on conditions???

Checked the WCC website but no word either way.

THanks!

veldrijder
    I just got back from an early morning ride - things are pretty great right now, and will be drying out further over the course of today. No muddy sections, just a couple "squishy" spots. I would say things are good to ride until the next rainfall (Sunday?)

All my faucets is Moen.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoote
    I just got back from an early morning ride - things are pretty great right now
    I think Zedfoto and I are going to have to make a road trip up there and ride with you one weekend.

veldrijder
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion
    I think Zedfoto and I are going to have to make a road trip up there and ride with you one weekend.
    Absolutely, you will have to do that. Not this one, as I'm back in Niagara, but sometime this summer for sure!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Went Saturday afternoon, condition is great.

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    it was absolutely perfect today! Felt like Christmas!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast