homage to ice is set to go on April 12th in Mansfield
    hopefully the snow goes before then.

who's all in?
    Team Van Go

Lemmy Rules!
    I am! Singlespeed, of course...
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Figure throw up the website for anyone wanting to register or get more information.

Homage to Ice: Polar Vortex Edition

I wont be there this year, but my fat bike will be there with another rider.
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

Lemmy Rules!
    Dan puts on a really good, fun, low key event. I'm looking forward to it, even if there is still snow on the trails
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    I am still not sure if I will do it. Much depends on the conditions, because I am not ready for a messy, muddy cold ride.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I had this on my schedule, of course living up in the general area of Mansfield a snow update for everyone. 3-4 feet thick, everywhere. I have a feeling that it may be more of a hike a bike with snowshoes this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakattack View Post
    I had this on my schedule, of course living up in the general area of Mansfield a snow update for everyone. 3-4 feet thick, everywhere. I have a feeling that it may be more of a hike a bike with snowshoes this year.
    Thanks for the update. I was really looking forward to this race, the one year I did it, two years ago, it was great conditions. I was really hoping to be able to get out and do some early season MTB racing. Unfortunately with the prospect of snow and ice, unless things drastically change, snowshoeing with my bike is not appealing.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    I predict it will look more like this but with Singletrack instead.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by serious View Post
    I am still not sure if I will do it. Much depends on the conditions, because I am not ready for a messy, muddy cold ride.
    Such a delicate little hothouse flower....
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    Such a delicate little hothouse flower....
    I have bigger problems. My knee is not cooperating. After a couple of workouts it is hurting me tonight. Damn it, all those months of hard work are slipping away as I continue to take it easy and hope for a quick recovery. :-(
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

mtbr member
    I'm in for the short course. I'll happily do 25km of slop. 50, not so much.
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    by general area do you mean you also live in ontario?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ignore mr. Swabag's comments, The mayor of craighurst has no real idea of what happens on the other side of the tracks. And my comment is based on the snowmelt and the fact that an old ski school friend of mine runs Mansfield ski club and they have a had a stellar year for snow this year. Same as my more local back yard

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Ignore mr. Swabag's comments, The mayor of craighurst has no real idea of what happens on the other side of the tracks. And my comment is based on the snowmelt and the fact that an old ski school friend of mine runs Mansfield ski club and they have a had a stellar year for snow this year. Same as my more local back yard
    and i expect all of MTBR's support in my re-election. Big plans for craighurst.

mtbr member
    We rode there on Sunday, about knee deep snow in the forest still... I've talked to Dan, he has some plans to make it still a go. Ideas include sections of the cross country ski trail's skate trail, snowblower singletrack, etc...
    Either way he'll find a way to make it fun regardless!
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I think Dan will make it worthy of a fun/challenging marathon of a race! Or else, I know where he lives (I don't actually...)

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotMTB View Post
    I think Dan will make it worthy of a fun/challenging marathon of a race! Or else, I know where he lives (I don't actually...)
    I do
    Strava made me do it....

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotMTB View Post
    I don't but know someone who can do that for me.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

Lemmy Rules!
    Just saw a post from Substance Projects on Facebook. Apparently they are moving the start time of the race up to 8:30 so the course doesn't get all wet and sloppy as it warms up later on. Risky move this close to race day. My attendance is now dubious...
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    Just saw a post from Substance Projects on Facebook. Apparently they are moving the start time of the race up to 8:30 so the course doesn't get all wet and sloppy as it warms up later on. Risky move this close to race day. My attendance is now dubious...
    Five of us from London were going but now with the new 8:30 am start that means we would have to be on the road at 5 am not happening now, that's too bad.

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Five of us from London were going but now with the new 8:30 am start that means we would have to be on the road at 5 am not happening now, that's too bad.
    I think Dan from SUbstance is researching cheap local accomodation for folks in your situation in case you want to come up the night before. You might check his facebook page.

I will have to be on the road at 6am, but I will do my darndest to haul my fat @ss out of bed in time. It's been too loong...
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Was a fun and challenging course. I had a few good slams into the snow but I think everyone in that race hit the ground at some point. Riding through this past shitty winter sure made this race a lot easier.

On another note, did anyone happen to get any pics of the half marathon mens open podium? My buddies camera was junk and I wasn't expecting to place on my first ever race. Was hoping for a copy for mom to hang on her fridge

GTA
    Ontario

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckeieio View Post
    Was a fun and challenging course. I had a few good slams into the snow but I think everyone in that race hit the ground at some point. Riding through this past shitty winter sure made this race a lot easier.

On another note, did anyone happen to get any pics of the half marathon mens open podium? My buddies camera was junk and I wasn't expecting to place on my first ever race. Was hoping for a copy for mom to hang on her fridge

I have some podium shots. PM me with your email and I will send them. It would help if you could also let me know what you were wearing on the podium so I can ID you and send the right ones
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    ^Awesome thanks!
    GTA
    Ontario

Lemmy Rules!
    I showed up this morning at the race not knowing what to expect in terms of conditions and was pleasantly surprised! Dan had done a really good job given what he had to work with in making this a really fun, challenging course.

I had a pretty decent race up until where I missed the right turn into the singletrack "trench" and ended up going about 1km down a doubletrack hill that I had to then climb again to get back to the trail - dropped me from 5th overall to about 11th. Oh well...
    Strava made me do it....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast