Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Hiton Falls/Agreement Forest Conditions

How are the conditions at Hilton? I was planning on heading there tomorrow or Sunday for some fat biking. I don't care about paying and parking at Hilton Falls, but is it better to come in through the Mowhak Track side or to ride up from the parking lot?
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    Halton Conservation parks are closed till Jan 2 due to the ice storm. I'd think trails are basically unrideable due to trees and branches down, there may have been some cleanup done, but I'm sure there was a lot of damage, I know people in the area still without hydro. I was out there a week ago Monday, was shocked at the lack of riding on the trails, snow was too deep for my nonfat bike, not much squishing had been done before the ice storm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Turkey Point was perfect yesterday. I'll be heading up again on Saturday.

mtbr member
    I was planning on getting out and doing some fat biking at Hilton this weekend. Any updates on conditions would be appreciated.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    I was planning on getting out and doing some fat biking at Hilton this weekend. Any updates on conditions would be appreciated.
    A couple posts on facebook suggest that it's not very icy (in the trails, parking lot another story) and good to go for both fat/skinny tires . Sounds like enough clearing of downfall has taken place that a descent ride can be linked together. This is in reference to starting at Mohawk, not Hilton proper.

I'm intending on heading there tonight and will update

mtbr member
    Much appreciated. I am just getting over a cold but should be up for it on Saturday. I plan on heading out tonight, but I am keeping it local and probably short. Where on FB are you looking?
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    Hilton Falls CA is still closed due to trees down and still no hydro. I've heard Halton Forest @ Mohawk conditions are good on the trails that have been opened. I think about 4 or 5 loops are open now, lots to ride. I'll be there Satuday morning.

mtbr member
    Much appreciated. I am just getting over a cold but should be up for it on Saturday. I plan on heading out tonight, but I am keeping it local and probably short. Where on FB are you looking?
    Defiant MTB. Check them out. They run lots of rides in there and have been organizing clean up crews. Peter W. is the godfather of Agreement forest.

mtbr member
    Entered from Mohawk tonight. With the exception of the parking lot, the trails were pretty much mint (at least what had cleared and pack down). Pretty easy to follow. With the fatbike you could explore far more easily, but there appears to be enough trampled down for a steady 1.5 hour ride on a regular bike.

Trails were not icy at all (the entry trail, just a little). I don't think many regular winter riding places around here can say that. Will be spending a good chunk of the weekend in there both Sat and Sun

mtbr member
    Thanks again. I will be heading out tomorrow around lunch time after I get my chores done. They never seem to get done after rides.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    Thanks again. I will be heading out tomorrow around lunch time after I get my chores done. They never seem to get done after rides.
    Should be out at a relatively similar time. If you see two fatties and two puppies, say hello.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    OK, I've looked all over, but I can't find out where this agreement forest is.

I know where the Hilton Falls trails are, where there is cross country skiing in winter, but you guys keep mentioning Mohawk Raceway and the Agreement forest.

Are these different locations?

I've found a few links in response for people asking for directions, but they're either gone now or don't show the trail entrance.

Could someone post a map or specific directions to this trail?

Thanks

mtbr member
    The trail head is across the street from the racetrack. There is a small parking lot there as well. The parking lot is hidden from view somewhat.

I'll be sure to stop and say hello Cpt. I love dogs. I have never been stopped so much since I got the fat bike by hikers and other cyclists. It was at least 4 times at Dundas Valley and one couple took pictures. Lots of people love the fatties.
    Burnt Norton

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Not sure if this helps at all, but...
    SHORTHILLS CYCLING CLUB ? View topic - Campbellville, ON ~ Hilton Falls - GPS & Trail Maps

Quote Originally Posted by sputnikcdn View Post
    OK, I've looked all over, but I can't find out where this agreement forest is.

I know where the Hilton Falls trails are, where there is cross country skiing in winter, but you guys keep mentioning Mohawk Raceway and the Agreement forest.

Are these different locations?

I've found a few links in response for people asking for directions, but they're either gone now or don't show the trail entrance.

Could someone post a map or specific directions to this trail?

Thanks

Up, Up, and Away!
    This map includes Hilton & Agreement Forest. It was posted a few years ago by someone on the forum.

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/eas...ntable_map.pdf

mtbr member
    Hiton Falls/Agreement Forest Conditions-hilton_printable_map-1-_page_2.jpg
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Wow, thanks everyone, for the great response! The entrance is not at all where I expected (I thought it was on the East side of the region!) and there seems to be a helluva lot more trails than I remember.

Last time I rode at Hilton Falls, only the green line (or something like that) was a proper mountain bike trail...

One of these days I'll get in there.

mtbr member
    There is very limited parking on 6th line which is on the East side.
    Burnt Norton

Workin for the weekend!
    Thank you very much for the heads up on the trail conditions out in th AF, tonight's ride was sweet. Grip is good, the trail is packed nicely and we were able to get a good hustle on.

Ride on!
    Todd

mtbr member
    OMG that map! So awesome, thank you.

Any chance of sharing a higher resolution?

mtbr member
    Another access point is the intersection of 10 sideroad and Fourth LIne, it''s wide enough to park 4 or 5 cars there. you can head south on the road allowance to the Mohawk stuff or south then east to the pines or the other trails that are shown on the map. the road allowance was a little icy and hadn't been ridden much last night...
    Hey Todd, was that you in the group of three last night just before dark? There was 2 of us going the other way.

Workin for the weekend!
    Yes that was me...
    Todd

Up, Up, and Away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    OMG that map! So awesome, thank you.

Any chance of sharing a higher resolution?
    Here you go:

Click on the pic to enlarge.

mtbr member
    Thanks SuprGrovr!!!

mtbr member
    The conditions at Hilton were perfect today. Saw mostly fatties in there. But did not see the Cpt. And the two dogs. No ice to be found and it is perfect for skinny tires in there.
    Burnt Norton

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast