mtbr member
    May 2006

Hilton Falls Agreement Forest

As of March 3, 2013 the conditions for riding in the Agreement Forest off of Guelph line and from the Mohawk Raceway was unridable with 2.4s although I would think those "snow bikes" would have been ok albeit a fantastic workout.

The snow does have a fair bit of ice in it and I am hoping that this weeks above zero temps might melt it down to a ridable surface.

I know a lot of people have been snow shoeing the trails which helps. Might been a good idea to bring the bike and snow shoes.

mtbr member
    Was in there yesterday, started at Mohawk around noon.

It was hit and miss with the fatbike. There were a set of ATV and snowmobile tracks. Following them was doable, same with a set of ski tracks. Anything with no traffic was a tough slog, but doable (depending on sun exposure, but uphills required a little walking). Early morning would have been way better.

Went out to 4th line from Mohawk. From 4th line there was a nice loop around to 6th line and back that had seen sled and foot traffic. It was all double track though. Did not go into Hilton Falls proper

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Does anybody know what the conditions are like now? The trails I ride in Guelph are closed right now so I was thinking of giving this place a try.

Up, Up, and Away!
    There was a lot of slush in there last weekend throughout. I wouldn't bother... maybe a fatbike would be ok, but I don't own one.

Saw two new long bridges over wet areas and some clearcutting along the hydro corridor.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Would someone be kind enough to help me out with the Agreement Forest. My brother And I have never been there and would love to give it ago! Where could I park (legally) and is there a easily accessible trail head?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpokesBlakey View Post
    Would someone be kind enough to help me out with the Agreement Forest. My brother And I have never been there and would love to give it ago! Where could I park (legally) and is there a easily accessible trail head?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    You can park in the Guelph line lot (fits six cars). Which is on the east side of Guelph line across from the northern tip of Mohawk racetrack parking lot. Alternatively you can park in the the Mohawk lot and ride across Guelph line to the trail head parking lot.

There is also parking on all the side roads that encompass the Currie tract. It has lots of entrances.

Enjoy the exploring!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Cheers Modelo151! Looking forward to the adventure!

mtbr member
    If the two guys that I met in AF tonight see this thread I just wanted to say thank you for the tour. I was having one of those 'off' rides and was in a crap mood but meeting and riding with you I left with a smile on my face.

Sounds corny and far fetched that you'll see this but just wanted to put that out there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Anyone want to ride agreement forest friday oct. 25th 9am at trail entrance
    My first time there and hoping to meet up with another rider or 2 to act as a guide
    I will be riding the vintage green norco launch vps
    Let me know here if you can make it or see you there in the morning