Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012

Help me pick a good place to ride

Sup all,

I'm getting a couple days off work next week and I'd like to try out some new trails. I ride Durham forest and Walker woods 3ish times a week. I've tried Ganaraska and the Don before as well, but I'd like to take a trip out to a new location.

I guess I'm asking for some advice as to where I should ride. Knowing I do DF and WW on the reg, whats another trail system comparable or better?

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGK View Post
    Sup all,

I'm getting a couple days off work next week and I'd like to try out some new trails. I ride Durham forest and Walker woods 3ish times a week. I've tried Ganaraska and the Don before as well, but I'd like to take a trip out to a new location.

I guess I'm asking for some advice as to where I should ride. Knowing I do DF and WW on the reg, whats another trail system comparable or better?
    Northumberland Forest has seen investment by the County and made improvements for mountain biking.

According to Louda, Kingston has some excellent trails.

McCauley in Picton is fun.

Shabomelaka north of Napanee near Cloyne has some good stuff I have heard as well. Haven't been yet but am going to try in the next couple of weeks.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

Evil Jr.
    I sound like a broken record all the time but here's what I'd recommend. Hit the Hydrocut in Kitchener in the morning, get some lunch, and do Puslinch in the afternoon. A day on a bike could scarcely be better spent.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    after puslinch do Agreement forrest on the way home.
    you will most likely not have too much fun and could die on the rocks, but much different than hydro and puslinch, puts riders skills to the challenge.
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    You could do Kelso and Agreement Forest/Hilton Falls as the are around the corner from each other. If you want a bit of a drive, Kolapore is a place I really like and don't get to all that often. There is plenty there, but if you want more punishment 3 Stages is right there.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member

RE: Help me pick a good place to ride

Ravenshoe in East Gwillimbury is cool but relatively small to DF, but I like Ravenshoe better. Albion Hills in Caledon, Coulson's Hill in Bradford (kinda meh but there are play structures there), Hardwood Hills outside of Barrie, Copeland Forest near Horsehoe Valley, 8th line near Horseshoe Valley (a less manicured version of DF), Horsehoe Valley Resort (but more dh stuff). And of course the stuff out west mentioned above. It'd hit those places before Shabo, its a bit of a drive and not necessarily better than the above. Except Kelso, I happen to think Kelso sucks but ymmv. Hilton Falls across the hwy is a an order of magnitude better. IMO 3 stages in Collingwood is probably the best in the area depending on what you like.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

snowbound
    Jan 2005
    Both 3 stages and kolopore. Why? Huge like Durham/GM/WW. Much longer climbs and much longer downhills. Plus you can stay in or near the village at Blue and enjoy some pints on a patio.

Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012
    How busy is collingwood? I go to DF/WW and never even usually see another rider/person. I mean I do sometimes, dont get me wroong, but its like 6/10 rides, 6 being the number of times I have not seen another rider on the trail I'm on.

mtbr member

RE: Help me pick a good place to ride

About the same. Its big enough you won't be rubbing elbows like the Don.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I sound like a broken record all the time but here's what I'd recommend. Hit the Hydrocut in Kitchener in the morning, get some lunch, and do Puslinch in the afternoon. A day on a bike could scarcely be better spent.
    +1...in fact, I think I will do that trip myself when I get back from vacation....
    Strava made me do it....