Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    107

    Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Have you lost a silver Misfit bike?

    I just saw a hobo-looking person walking with the silver Misfit (with yellow, i think, grips) northbound on Spadina towards homeless shelter that is located right about College I think.

    I apologize if that happens to be the actual owner. But I suggest you take a bath and do something about those filthy dreadlocks.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,032
    Hannem sighting?

  3. #3
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,771
    this sighting has been going on for some time now.

    while i don't know the owner, i understand he is frequently spotted in and about the city...i would estimate that that particular frame has MORE miles on it then any other Misfit in existence...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  4. #4
    Space for rent...
    Reputation: SSteve F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    this sighting has been going on for some time now.

    while i don't know the owner, i understand he is frequently spotted in and about the city...i would estimate that that particular frame has MORE miles on it then any other Misfit in existence...

    I know the bike courier market is a good marketing opportunity, but does this guy blog?
    It's only pain......

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by GroceryBagHead
    I just saw a hobo-looking person walking with the silver Misfit (with yellow, i think, grips) northbound on Spadina towards homeless shelter that is located right about College I think.

    I apologize if that happens to be the actual owner. But I suggest you take a bath and do something about those filthy dreadlocks.
    ...Wow...just Wow

    I guess every board needs a mom. Live in the suburbs?...with a lot of clean white homogenized folk?

  6. #6
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,858
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    ...i would estimate that that particular frame has MORE miles on it then any other Misfit in existence...
    My yellow terror's gotta be getting up there too. From solos to stage races, it's been over mountains, through bogs and all points in between.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wolfchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by GroceryBagHead
    I just saw a hobo-looking person walking with the silver Misfit (with yellow, i think, grips) northbound on Spadina towards homeless shelter that is located right about College I think.

    I apologize if that happens to be the actual owner. But I suggest you take a bath and do something about those filthy dreadlocks.
    And what does a hairstyle and clothing have to do with riding a bike ??

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    ...Wow...just Wow

    I guess every board needs a mom. Live in the suburbs?...with a lot of clean white homogenized folk?
    Well, I haven't seen many clean white homogenized hobos. And I've seen plenty as I work downtown. Also said hobos do steal bikes from time to time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild
    And what does a hairstyle and clothing have to do with riding a bike ??
    He was WALKING it. He had massive (work) boots on. I wouldn't even notice him if he was actually riding it.

    Wow, it's almost like I said: "Hey! There's a black dude on a bike. He probably stole it"

    Anyways, I thought I was helping.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wolfchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    142
    If that Misfit is stolen then the original owner of the bike is a real dumbass for not locking his expensive bike properly or not at all. A properly locked up bike is more difficult to steal , for some average crackhead.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dr.Zoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    723
    Give the OP a break - s/he was just trying to help out. Imagine if your bike got stolen and a lead was posted here that helped you find it. And don't be so smug to think it can't happen to you.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Braids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild
    If that Misfit is stolen then the original owner of the bike is a real dumbass for not locking his expensive bike properly or not at all. A properly locked up bike is more difficult to steal , for some average crackhead.
    Do you always blame the (possible) victim?

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by GroceryBagHead
    Well, I haven't seen many clean white homogenized hobos. And I've seen plenty as I work downtown. Also said hobos do steal bikes from time to time.
    He was WALKING it. He had massive (work) boots on. I wouldn't even notice him if he was actually riding it.

    Wow, it's almost like I said: "Hey! There's a black dude on a bike. He probably stole it"

    Anyways, I thought I was helping.
    That's exactly what you said..."Hey! There's a poor, dirty person, that doesn't look like me on a bike. He probably stole it"

    Perhaps when you grow up and mature a bit you'll be able to get past a person's appearance and social standing when making decisions regarding their criminality...to think that he stole a bike just because of the way he looks (meaning he doesn't look like you and your friends).

    Anyway, thank you for commuting into my 'hood before heading back to the mange cake suburbs...and please stop calling us "hobos"

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    640
    I get nervous when I see a Misfit riding in my hood as well, but I would feel better if they were dirty and had dreads.

  14. #14
    Keep pedaling...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    That's exactly what you said..."Hey! There's a poor, dirty person, that doesn't look like me on a bike. He probably stole it"

    Perhaps when you grow up and mature a bit you'll be able to get past a person's appearance and social standing when making decisions regarding their criminality...to think that he stole a bike just because of the way he looks (meaning he doesn't look like you and your friends).

    Anyway, thank you for commuting into my 'hood before heading back to the mange cake suburbs...and please stop calling us "hobos"
    Why so hard on this guy? All he said was he saw someone who looked like a homeless person with an expensive bike. Since bikes are stolen all the time, it sounds unusual enough to me to arouse a little bit of suspicion. It's not like he went and beat up the dude and accused him of stealing the bike or anything.

    If I saw this person...


    ...driving this car...


    ...I'd think "Hey, that looks unusual to me. Probably not their car I guess".

  15. #15
    sproket buster
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by GroceryBagHead
    I just saw a hobo-looking person walking with the silver Misfit (with yellow, i think, grips) northbound on Spadina towards homeless shelter that is located right about College I think.

    I apologize if that happens to be the actual owner. But I suggest you take a bath and do something about those filthy dreadlocks.

    The part above " apologize if that happens to be the actual owner" should stop people form sterotyping the sterotyper
    Live to ride, ride to live... out of Mississauga.

    MTB: Cannondale HT--------Pavment: Specialized Sirrus

  16. #16
    Chicken or egg? Moderator
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,565
    Hate to be the contrarian, but if it were me I'd be thinking, "What's Britney Spears doing in T.O.?" Socioeconomic steroetyping is a recipe for failure.

    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626
    If I saw this person...

    ...driving this car...

    ...I'd think "Hey, that looks unusual to me. Probably not their car I guess".

  17. #17
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,858
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: k1lluaA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    332
    this thread got real angry real fast....people should be allowed to be offended for other people...it doesnt make sense to mee...

    op didnt call anyone here a name/racial slur/stereotype, so read wat he said... understand it for what it is saying (not what it could possibly be saying about society, or thereabouts) and thank him for caring a bit about the small community that we have that gets robbed now and again...

    oh aand id like to say
    ...Wow...just Wow

    I guess every board needs a mom. Live in the suburbs?...with a lot of clean white homogenized folk?
    is just as bad, if not worse, than what op said...your a hypocrite.

  19. #19
    Steady Creepin'
    Reputation: LuMach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    488
    Dirty looking guy wearing big work boots... a construction or city worker who rides his bike to and from work perhaps? See guys like that all the time, sometimes on decent bikes, so who knows..

    Anyways, I don't think the OP was out of line and was genuinely being helpful until the totally unnecessary "take a bath/filthy deadlocks" comment which does have a certain air of prejudice/elitism.

  20. #20
    Keep pedaling...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by LuMach
    Dirty looking guy wearing big work boots... a construction or city worker who rides his bike to and from work perhaps? See guys like that all the time, sometimes on decent bikes, so who knows..

    Anyways, I don't think the OP was out of line and was genuinely being helpful until the totally unnecessary "take a bath/filthy deadlocks" comment which does have a certain air of prejudice/elitism.
    What are dreadlocks made out of, anyway? I always assumed dirt, grease, and hair.

    EDIT: Answered my own question - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+are+dreadl...+out+of%3F&l=1

    From that page:
    Can I wash my dreadlocks?

    Yes, you can wash your dreadlocks. You should wash your dreadlocks at least once a week, but most people wash every three days. Make sure you use a residue free shampoo when you wash your dreads, it's the most important product you can use on your dreads. I recommend DreadHead residue free shampoo.

    Every 3 days? Ewwwww.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626

    Every 3 days? Ewwwww.
    What's so wrong about that?

    The interweb says that for some people it's fine to go a week between washing your hair.

  22. #22
    Keep pedaling...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    What's so wrong about that?

    The interweb says that for some people it's fine to go a week between washing your hair.
    If I go two days my hair starts to feel nasty. And my hair is only 0.25" - 1" long. I dunno, I just think it's gross?

  23. #23
    Keep pedaling...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    281
    Hey, was this your guy? (I don't see a bike, though)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •