mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Has Anyone heard of Phat Moose Cycles in Ottawa Ontario

Hey guys?

Im just wondering if anyone has heard of Phat Moose cycles in Ottawa and if so, what do you think of the store?

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I dealt with them once, via phone (or the net-not sure) and they are good guys. Quick shipping too.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    I did business with them a few years back .
    LOL.... cant remember what I got but good shop , no issues ;-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I dealt with them over the phone once for tires. They had reasonable prices and got them to me quicker than anybody local could.

mtbr member
    Bought my fatbike there in December. Kent (one of the owners) and Eric (the mechanic) were super helpful getting me set up (including happily doing a complete swap over of frames going past closing time on a Saturday). My one and only experience, but I could tell by the interaction/service/attitude (with me and other customers) that I would certainly shop there if I lived in Ottawa.

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Phat Moose is a fantastic shop and I recommend it for sure. Kent and Dave are two of the nicest, most helpful guys you'll ever meet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    All my Ottawa friends deal with them and I would too if I lived there. Kent and Dave are really good guys. Eric's a hoot and knows his stuff.

More than a little slow
    I live in Toronto. Phat Moose is the first place I go to whenever I visit Ottawa (which is admittedly not all that frequently). It's an awesome store.
    Cheers, Dave

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Great guys with top-notch mechanical skills and a good stock of cool MTB stuff and the hard to find (but important) small parts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    So just out of curiosity, is this SPAM or self advertising? OP joined in 2007, 6 years ago, just made first 3 posts in the last 3 days, all with the same question about Phat Moose Cycles in 3 different forums.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    So just out of curiosity, is this SPAM or self advertising? OP joined in 2007, 6 years ago, just made first 3 posts in the last 3 days, all with the same question about Phat Moose Cycles in 3 different forums.
    Timing like you describe above of join date to first post date isn't actually uncommon. Anyhow, nothing to see here. Some unintended cross-posting (which isn't preferred) but new poster learning the ropes, sometimes needs time to get the hang of things.

Welcome to mtbr's Eastern Canada forum Cain2589 !

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I previously shopped my whole life at a store in Ottawa called Rebec and Kroes. 20 years and thousands of dollars later, the owners decided it was time to retire. I was in limbo land for a few months until I spent more time with the boys at Phat Moose.

The few things that really make Phat moose stand out for me is their incredibly friendly service and the fact that they are two guys that are a lot like us and get excited about the same things we do and love the sport as much as we do. They stock items that I've never seen in any other bricks and mortar store before such as the dress up bling kit for the thompson elite x4 stems and they really go out of their way to get you anything your mountain biking heart could possibly desire.

They are also Ottawa (and possibly eastern Ontario's) most reputable wheel builders. Virtually everyone who is in the "KNOW" here in Ottawa rides on wheels built by these guys. I've had them build me phat tire wheels, Stans and now I've finally upgraded to the Mac-Daddy of all mountain wheelsets... I9, CX rays looped to Clincher Carbon rims....

Bottom line. These guys are awesome.

I will not spend my money bike money or trust my bike repairs anywhere else anymore.

P.S. I have no direct ties with the owners on any level and I just created my mtb forums account to reply to this thread. lol. Probably way overdue!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Kev , I too feel out of sorts after Rebec and Kroes sold. Nice to know about Phatmoose. I'll check them out.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Great guys. Know their stuff. Eric the mechanic is amazing. Great deals on the clearance table. Very fat bike friendly. Very personal service. Weird store hours, so call before you go. My first choice for mechanic work, and that is saying a lot, because Tall Tree is also pretty great. Yes we are spoiled in Ottawa.