Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Happy New Year

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: secret agent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    614

    Happy New Year

    Wishing everyone here a great and healthy new year. I'll be out for my annual solo puke ride tomorrow. Hope things firm up a bit. Pretty mushy and wet yesterday.

  2. #2
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,148
    Ah it's amateur night.

    Quiet night with family then ride tomorrow.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

  3. #3
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,887

    HNY to all..

    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    Wishing everyone here a great and healthy new year. I'll be out for my annual solo puke ride tomorrow. Hope things firm up a bit. Pretty mushy and wet yesterday.
    HNY Cesar, here's Blue resting up after our morning ride on Gull Lake & Leo HeritageTrail...conditions are fatbike sweet
    http://picasaweb.google.com/BlackCanoeDog
    2011 Rocky Mountain Altitude 70 RSL
    2015 RSD Mayor

  4. #4
    Gnarly
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,911
    Happy New Year to all

    We are doing a ride today after work and again tomorrow.
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  5. #5
    I Strava Hamburgers
    Reputation: 14Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    HNY Cesar, here's Blue resting up after our morning ride on Gull Lake & Leo HeritageTrail...conditions are fatbike sweet
    I've seen thousands of beer commercials and not one has ever made me want to drink one.

    This picture though.... makes me want a beer so badly for some reason.
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: secret agent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    614
    I envy you and Blue. I'll have to head up there and
    Do my best on the 29 er till I end up with a fat bike.

  7. #7
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,706
    I gotta get up there and try fatbiking this year....

    I feel a new years resolution coming on...
    Strava made me do it....

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Merdoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    I gotta get up there and try fatbiking this year....

    I feel a new years resolution coming on...
    Unglued is your trial in Barrie still ongoing? If so, bike zone downtown has a medium 9 Zero 7 for rent or BCD knows of a couple of shops up north as well that have rentals. Be forewarned you will ride it once and be hooked

  9. #9
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdoff View Post
    Unglued is your trial in Barrie still ongoing? If so, bike zone downtown has a medium 9 Zero 7 for rent or BCD knows of a couple of shops up north as well that have rentals. Be forewarned you will ride it once and be hooked
    The trial settled on the courthouse steps. My family does have a cottage in Muskoka, though. Just saying...
    Strava made me do it....

  10. #10
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    I gotta get up there and try fatbiking this year....

    I feel a new years resolution coming on...
    And all this from a DH ride on it in the snow.

    What next? A Kona Explosif?
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

  11. #11
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,526
    leave the man alone. nothing wrong with dreaming about fat bike. you should too.

  12. #12
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    leave the man alone. nothing wrong with dreaming about fat bike. you should too.
    Sorry.. One bike project per year. This year is this years.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

  13. #13
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Happy New Year everyone!

    I'm finally emerging from a week and a half blissfully free from any form of social media.

    We got in tons of excellent family time, plenty of great food and potables and... four fabulous days of snowshoeing! Wowee!

    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tyh83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    319
    a few of us had a good way to shake the cobwebs after new years.
    went to mansfield and rode the snowmobile trails. were able to get out for 2.5hrs and cover a good chunk of distance.
    we were able to ride before a lot of snowmobile traffic went by us...



    i must say having a fat bike has been more than worth it.
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

  15. #15
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by tyh83 View Post
    a few of us had a good way to shake the cobwebs after new years.
    went to mansfield and rode the snowmobile trails. were able to get out for 2.5hrs and cover a good chunk of distance.
    we were able to ride before a lot of snowmobile traffic went by us...



    i must say having a fat bike has been more than worth it.
    Sweet! Interest in fatbikes took off last winter, but seems to be flying at altitude this year !!!
    http://picasaweb.google.com/BlackCanoeDog
    2011 Rocky Mountain Altitude 70 RSL
    2015 RSD Mayor

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tyh83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Sweet! Interest in fatbikes took off last winter, but seems to be flying at altitude this year !!!
    For sure, Donnie at AO got me onto one, which is now in turn getting a lot of other guys interested in them too.
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

  17. #17
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by tyh83 View Post
    For sure, Donnie at AO got me onto one, which is now in turn getting a lot of other guys interested in them too.
    Ha! I remember the look on Donnie's face when he first saw mine and took it for a spin
    http://picasaweb.google.com/BlackCanoeDog
    2011 Rocky Mountain Altitude 70 RSL
    2015 RSD Mayor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •