mtbr member

Halifax Summer 2013

I'm looking to go to Halifax for a week this summer as a vacation. I've heard its a good drinking city with pretty women and some culture.

I know there is a good bouldering scene and some parks to hike in. Curious as to what the riding scene is.

I ride mostly cross country, just looking for places near Halifax to possibly hit up for a day or two.

Any other information on outdoor recreation or the city is much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I would recommend re-posting to www.pedaltrout.ca forums or check out the trail maps at the same site.
    Many of our local (Halifax) trails are unforgiving in comparison to those I have ridden in Ontario.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    mountain biking in North America, freeriding in Canada and the USA with GPS waypoint download and maps

Lots of good riding around the HRM area. Lots of good drinking too, just don't mix the two

Will you have a car or will you be stuck in Halifax?

mtbr member
    I'll be driving. Sadly it looks like the ferry stopped and every flight I look at isn't direct. Halifax is only 12 hours from here, I'll get to drive through Maine, it'll be an adventure. Will probably grab a hostel. Maybe spend a night or two camping. Try to ride, climb, hike, drink.

mtbr member

Besides mountain biking...

If anyone has tips on somewhere sort of close worth driving to for hiking/camping please share. I'd like to spend a night or two out of Halifax and in the wilderness.

And all tips on pubs, bars, restaurants, venues, shows, festivals, hostels, museums, etc. are welcome!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Kejimkujic (keji) park has good camping. When in the summer are you going and where are you coming from?

mtbr member
    Here are some options of where to ride in Nova Scotia. I'm a big Dan of Fitzpatrick mountain and the Gorge mtbiking.ca

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iceboxsteve View Post
    And all tips on pubs, bars, restaurants, venues, shows, festivals, hostels, museums, etc. are welcome!
    Just stay downtown and you will have no problem finding the type of trouble you seek. There are more bars and restaurants in the downtown core than you could shake a stick at... The city is on the water and the waterfront is always buzzing in the summer.

The women are approachable and (most) dudes are friendly. You will have fun.

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone! I love the response.

bishskate - Keji looks closer than Cape Breton. I'll be coming from Cape Cod and most likely end of July/beginning of August.

Toneyriver - thanks, I'll check that site out too.

Dealha - That is what I love to hear! A couple Canadians I met in Hawaii went to school in Halifax and had the same review. I'll probably grab a room at the hostel and enjoy my one week off from corporate slavedom (eh, who am I kidding they did send me to Hawaii.)