Sir Hurt Locker

Guelph Lake or Hilton Falls?

I am planning on going riding on Friday, it's supposed to be -2 and sunny, 0% chance of rain!!!!! No school, no work, perfect day for riding. My question is, which trails will be better for to ride on Friday? I hear the Hilton Falls area has good drainage, but then I also know a lot of people have been riding Guelph Lake trails over the winter ... any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    I think Hilton will have less chance of being mucky - Lately they've been forecasting temps lower than what we've been getting, today was supposed to cool off to -1 around noon, it's still +3. Extrapolate that fact to Friday, it'll probably be around 0 and melty.

Sir Hurt Locker
    Is there still a lot of snow on the trails at Hilton? Or will they be packed from foot traffic and/or melted?
    Cheers,

Seb

Sir Hurt Locker
    I decided to go to Guelph Lake tmrrw, can anyone tell me where is the trail head for the Guelph lake trails is, I was at my LBS for a map today but they do not have any in yet. Can I please get directions to the trail head, if you can't send a map it's ok, I just need to know where i can get onto these trails from. Thank you.
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    If you use the trail head shown on this map you may find it annoying to park on Victoria Rd., you end up having to leave your car on the shoulder in an 80 zone.

There is a walking trail off of Woodlawn Rd just east of the river that goes directly to the trail head. Most people use this as an access point. Just west of the river is a Golden Griddle that you can park your car and people will leave it alone. After, you can fill up on some recovery pancakes. The walking trail is very obvious and like I said it goes directly to the trail head.

EDIT: Sorry, I had to remove the map due to possible distribution issues.
    Last edited by bagpipes; 03-21-2008 at 07:20 AM.
    There are no "mistakes"; only learning curves.

Sir Hurt Locker
    Thank you soooo much bagpipes, that is very helpful. I've been looking for that information for a long time, I really appreciate it. Maybe I'll see you on the trails
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Wow i would have thought there would be to much snow out there....how were the trails? they must be getting good now
    09 Demo 8 I
    06' Big Hit III
    06' Hardrock Pro
    08' P3

Shane C.