mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Greenwood trails figured out yet? Ridable for MTB? Trails determined yet?

I want to check out Greenwood mtb trails but last year I went there they were kinda weird. Like they were changing things around. I want to know if the trails are continuous and ridable now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I was last in there in November, and at least one of the bridges over the creek in the good singletrack was out. Can still put together a good ride if you know where you're going though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I just went. The trails on the south west side are messed up. You can put together a ride, but its messy. Lot's of trees down, not maintained and confusing. It's no longer obvious where to go. It used to be a well worked trail, now you can't tell where to go and follow dead ends occasionally. I won't ride there anymore unless I hear it gets organized.
    Last edited by morkys; 05-18-2013 at 06:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by morkys View Post
    I just went. The trails on the south west side are messed up. You can put together a ride, but its messy. Lot's of trees down, not maintained and confusing. It's no longer obvious where to go. It used to be a well worked trail, now you can't tell where to go and follow dead ends occasionally. I won't ride there anymore unless I hear it gets organized.
    Trails are in great shape at Greenwood, especially in the north, all bridges are in good shape, only one trail (Chasing rabbits) is in need of a re-route around a boggy area. The trails in the southwest corner were never great other than the one along Church street which is still in good shape. The others were hacked in to support the stunts built in there. Most of the stunts were cut down last summer (by the town I'd guess) so the trails fell into disrepair. The north end (north of concession 5) is a gem, easily over 10km of singletrack in good shape, just need to know where it all is and how to put it together.