mtbr member

Great day for a fatbike ride :)

While a tad chilly here in Barrie (-30 with the windchill) we managed to get out for a few hours today on the fatties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Great day for a fatbike ride :)-coldday_001.jpg  

Great day for a fatbike ride :)-coldday_004.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images      

mtbr member

We need some (any) snow here in Hamilton. Riding the fatty down rail trail last night (and even the singletrack) was a little uninspiring

mtbr member
    The double track is packed down quite well but the singletrack is slow going as it's the super fluffy light snow with little to no moisture so very little traction. A great workout though! You're heart rate tells you you're working even though you're crawling along at a snails pace.

We went to Hardwood last night & the trails are groomed to perfection. Think I still prefer pushing through the deep snow slowly though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    We need some (any) snow here in Hamilton. Riding the fatty down rail trail last night (and even the singletrack) was a little uninspiring
    2-4 cm on Friday and -4C Sat and Sunday. Perfect temps, should be great.

Just put a BBG bashguard on my Pugsley and want to try it out. That large ring is dangerous when you slide off the packed trail - leaves funny looking scabs that take forever to heal. Figure I won't be going fast enough on a fat bike to need a large ring.