mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Good place to buy Fox in S. Ontario??

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that has decent prices on Fox Forks in the S. Ontario (Centred around Hamilton) area? I've narrowed down my fork choices to 2 or 3, but of course will have a hard time getting Fox stuff in. I can get it in, but it means shipping to a middle man... a PITA that I'd rather not deal with if price is comparable to U.S. pricing on Fox stuff.

Thanks for any help you guys can give...

Tim

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure it was "cycle solutions" based in t. that had an excellent selection of forks at the bike show. Tons of fox, rock shox and the prices were pretty good. You might still be able to swing a deal on one(like a bike show price) if you can sweet talk the sales guy. And just a thought. but I live in Hamilton as well and if I couldn't get a good enough deal locally I would definetely drive over to the american side and find a lbs to get me one, you could easily get a fork across the border.

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullycanpara
    Hey All,

Wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that has decent prices on Fox Forks in the S. Ontario (Centred around Hamilton) area? I've narrowed down my fork choices to 2 or 3, but of course will have a hard time getting Fox stuff in. I can get it in, but it means shipping to a middle man... a PITA that I'd rather not deal with if price is comparable to U.S. pricing on Fox stuff.

Thanks for any help you guys can give...

Tim
    Good place to check US prices...

http://www.comparisonpricing.com/foxforx1.htm
    It's only pain......

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    Hi Tim! It's Sara. This is where I got a bike shipped from and didn't have any problems. Here's a link to their fork page.
    http://www.bicyclettesdehull.com/pie...s_e.php?cat=64
    Hope to do some riding with you this year!

NormalNorm
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F

Great link.....

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Hey Timmy,

What exactly were you looking for?

The former Canadian Fox Distributor (Velocycle) still has some NOS Fox models that they are still trying to clear out.
    They have a 2007 Fox 32 RLC disc only for $599.99.
    I see they even still have some Terra-Logic forks as well.

Here's the link to the clear out list.

Also the link Sara posted looks pretty good and their prices include the shipping.

On a side note, I recently upgraded my suspension on both end.
    Went into one of the LBS here in Niagara (Clarkson Cycle) and they were able to do better then the pricing out of the US.
    The bonus is I didn't have to pay for shipping and I have a full Canadian warranty.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F

www.qbike.com is also pretty helpful when scouting the online US retailers for deals.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Freewheel in Dundas can get you whatever fork you need.

mtbr member
    What are you looking for? I work @ Cycle Solutions and we have a pretty decent stock.

For reference:

08 F100RLC, F140RLC @ 799
    08 TALAS R @ 729
    08 Vanilla RLC @ 599, Vanilla R @ 499
    08 TALAS RLC @ 879

All models listed in stock, we have more this is just to give you some idea of our pricing vs mail order.

Andrew

GAME ON!
    cycle solutions is awesome.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Live Free or Ride!
    Agreed. CS is where I do most of my shopping, if not online.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

Riding or Fishing
    +1 more for Cycle Solutions.
    I recently bought a new fork myself from teh beaches location. 08 Magura Menja. Now all I need is for the trails to dry out

2-wheel junkie
    I bought a Fox Vanilla RLC from Cycle Solutions at the TIBS.

It's all mounted to the Cove, cant wait to try it out this season

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Cool, thanks for the heads up everyone. I'm hoping to hit up a couple of the local shops to see what kind of prices they are offering before I go online, as I'm not seeing any crazy deals yet on anything Fox related, so I'm not in a huge hurry or anything.

Timmo, I'm looking for either an RL or RLC F80 (F100 is fine, I'd just have to adjust the travel, no big deal) but am also considering the Magura Menja for something completely different. I'm really wanting to get a white fork...it sounds silly, but helps with the bit of cosmetic improvements that I plan to make

Cheers everyone for the help!

Tim

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I am in the same position as you Tim. I need a white 80mm fork so was planning on getting the F80 RLC but now I am thinking about getting the F100 RLC just in case I may use the 100mm on a future frame. The cheapest I have seen them sell for in the USA is $585.00 shipped to a USA address. In Canada I'll be paying like $800.00 plus shipping for the same thing so the USA is where I'll be trying to get mine from.

mtbr member
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/2007-FOX-32-F80RL...742.m153.l1262
    The seller is in the local area, and had some other Fox stock for sale on Buy Now a few weeks ago, including F80X's and F80's. You could email him and ask if he has any left. This is probably in the grey area for posting rules, I don't profiting from these sale, but the seller does ride with us.

Be careful with the Velocycles list, what's shipped is often not what is described - at least that's what I hear. On the other hand, I've sent them shocks for rebuild in the past, and they were fine.

GAME ON!
    i'd really like a 120mm+ white fox, but they're damn hard to find. oem for one manufacturer, i think
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    You guys could always get it powdercoated white? At a local body shop? yes no

GAME ON!
    i assume so.
    RIP Adam Yauch

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Quote Originally Posted by itsdoable
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/2007-FOX-32-F80RL...742.m153.l1262
    Be careful with the Velocycles list, what's shipped is often not what is described - at least that's what I hear. On the other hand, I've sent them shocks for rebuild in the past, and they were fine.

For what it's worth.
    Over the years my experience with Velocycle and dealing with them for everything from new purchases to warranty work to custom valving/rebuilds, I have always had total satisfaction. When they we're unclear on something they actually called me at home to confirm before proceeding.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yep, I could just get the fork powder coated, but then it means dis-assembling the fork to it's components, finding a place to get it done, paying for the powder coating, etc...after all is said and done, you'd be better off just buying the colour you actually wanted. Besides, I did a nice tremclad white job on the fork last year, and looked good enough to get me thru the end of the season...so this year I'm going white to begin with

Tim