Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dorkimus Prime

(Good) Conundrum???

Nope. It's not finally deciding whether boobies or buns are best.

Nope. It's not choosing between SingleSprocket and Oggie.

It's not even whether or not to accept our imposed Dictator, who resides halfway to Asia. Eastern Canadian - My arse.

My conundrum is this:

I have broadened my 29'er collection. I just ordered the On-One monstercross bundle. I also have a Dissent Fe and a Marin Pine Mountain(EBB). Should I run the On-One as a geared Monstercross? Make the Dissent a SS monstercross? Should I run 2 frames geared and 1 SS or vice versa? How does one make these decisions?

If anyone has a vision for my crap, please advise....

I'm thinking of keeping the Dissent as-is, SS with FUBar. On-One, geared monstercross and Pine mountain, standard geared 29'er. Does this seem optimum?

One more question, what sort of shifter/brake lever combo stuff do I need for the On-One(geared monstercross), when the crank, derailleurs stuff I got is all XT? Brakes are BB7's....
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

namagomi
    Here is another bicycle conundrum, what makes you feel worse.. being squished beside her on a bus or seeing her kid "slammed".

Also it sounds like you may have a bicycle problem... just saying when you turn to the internet for help deciding which bicycle to keep there may be an issue.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    I'm thinking of keeping the Dissent as-is, SS with FUBar. On-One, geared monstercross and Pine mountain, standard geared 29'er. Does this seem optimum?
    That's what I'd do. That way, you take a look at the weather, decide where to ride and pick the bike to match.

One more question, what sort of shifter/brake lever combo stuff do I need for the On-One(geared monstercross), when the crank, derailleurs stuff I got is all XT? Brakes are BB7's....
    How many speeds is the XT stuff?

Are the BB7s standard or road pull?
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Sissy Pants FTW Moderator
    It's not even whether or not to accept our imposed Dictator, who resides halfway to Asia. Eastern Canadian - My arse.
    Gird yourself for battle, for the day of reckoning when the people of this land rise up against the tyranny of our oppressors draws nigh.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Gird yourself for battle, for the day of reckoning when the people of this land rise up against the tyranny of our oppressors draws nigh.

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

My $10 says braveheart kid would wipe the floor with Bauer straight up, one fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    That's what I'd do. That way, you take a look at the weather, decide where to ride and pick the bike to match.

Evil Jr.
    $20 says Babydoll could take 'em both with one ponytail tied behind her back.

Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Dorkimus Prime
    [QUOTE=garage monster;8488150]
    /QUOTE]

I've got a new 9 speed grouppo and a new 10 speed grouppo

Standard MTB, I guess....
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

Evil Jr.
    Now it gets tricky. Did you want to use a drop bar and road levers?

Lemmy Rules!
    Back to the conundrum at hand - on my Misfit I switched out my Fubar to a straight bar with Cane Creek Ergo bar ends. I found I could climb a lot better with that setup. Then put the Fubar on the monstercross, or even better get the Misfit FMe bar for it.

The more interesting conundrum is which steed you are bringing to the Dundas Monstercross on Saturday. You ARE coming, right?
    Strava made me do it....

Dorkimus Prime
    Now it gets tricky. Did you want to use a drop bar and road levers?
    I guess, isn't that monster cross, by definition. Are there other options?

Dorkimus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    Back to the conundrum at hand - on my Misfit I switched out my Fubar to a straight bar with Cane Creek Ergo bar ends. I found I could climb a lot better with that setup. Then put the Fubar on the monstercross, or even better get the Misfit FMe bar for it.

The more interesting conundrum is which steed you are bringing to the Dundas Monstercross on Saturday. You ARE coming, right?
    I'd love too, however, I've got Tyke evaluations Saturday AND Sunday at 9am. Not me. My son.

Could I use MTB levers and shifters, I wonder, with my inverted FU

Evil Jr.
    I guess, isn't that monster cross, by definition. Are there other options?
    The braking just gets weird if you use regular pull BB7s with road levers. You might have to get into a Problem Solvers Travel Agent sorta thing to take up the slack in the brake cable.

I'd say 105 levers would be awesome otherwise!

Lemmy Rules!
    I'd love too, however, I've got Tyke evaluations Saturday AND Sunday at 9am. Not me. My son.

Could I use MTB levers and shifters, I wonder, with my inverted FU
    Actually, I just checked out the On-One Monstercross bundle. The Midge bar looks pretty much like the FMe. I still favour a straight bar and bar ends for the diSSent, though.

Too bad about Saturday.
    Strava made me do it....

Dorkimus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    Also it sounds like you may have a bicycle problem... just saying when you turn to the internet for help deciding which bicycle to keep there may be an issue.

How dare you make light of my conundrum! I'm calling the Moderator. Oh wait, he's here....making light of my conundrum!

snowbound
    Jan 2005
    If anyone has a vision for my crap, please advise....

What your thinking sounds like the best idea to me. Build it up!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    $20 says Babydoll could take 'em both with one ponytail tied behind her back.

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    There is no such thing as evolution. There are only species that Jack Bauer chooses to let live.
    Strava made me do it....

namagomi
    How dare you make light of my conundrum! I'm calling the Moderator. Oh wait, he's here....making light of my conundrum!

I think this guy might have an actual problem:

French guys always had an image issue..

mtbr member
    Experience has taught me that the optimal build generally disturbs currently serviceable bikes the least.

Also, I am fairly certain that the new 10spd Shimano mountain shifters and derailleurs are NOT compatible with Shimano 10spd road. That is, a Dynasys XT R derailleur will not index properly with a 105 shifter. That 105 shifter will, ironically, work just fine with the 9spd XT derailleur on a road or mountain 10spd cassette.

Burnt Orange Lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    There is no such thing as evolution. There are only species that Jack Bauer chooses to let live.
    For some strange reason I was convinced it was Chuck Norris and not Jack Bauer.

I know nothing about bikes Bigster. I dont understand your dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Signature

Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    For some strange reason I was convinced it was Chuck Norris and not Jack Bauer.
    Cut from the same cloth. If Chuck and Jack ever meet, it will be like matter and anti-matter trying to occupy the same space, resulting in the destruction of the universe.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran_youth View Post
    Also, I am fairly certain that the new 10spd Shimano mountain shifters and derailleurs are NOT compatible with Shimano 10spd road. That is, a Dynasys XT R derailleur will not index properly with a 105 shifter. That 105 shifter will, ironically, work just fine with the 9spd XT derailleur on a road or mountain 10spd cassette.
    There is a certain alchemical quality to mixing and matching road and mountain groups and I'll be the first to admit I don't know enough to give you the right answers. I just like 105 hoods!

Back of the pack doping.
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast