Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Global fatbike ride!!!!!!

global fatday bike ride anyone?

It would be nice to see some new faces on fatbikes lets try to get a ride together!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    We are thinking about turkey point. Trails are good in any weather and there is a beach down the road from the trails. 40 km of well maintained single track .

mtbr member
    I probably won't be able to make it down to Turkey Point but I certainly will participate in a "Global Fatbike Ride" up here in the Barrie area. I know a fairly large group of people here in Barrie and the Bracebridge/Gravenhurst area with fatties. Black Canoe Dog you in?

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdoff View Post
    I probably won't be able to make it down to Turkey Point but I certainly will participate in a "Global Fatbike Ride" up here in the Barrie area. I know a fairly large group of people here in Barrie and the Bracebridge/Gravenhurst area with fatties. Black Canoe Dog you in?
    love too, would be sweet to get the whole group together!
    http://picasaweb.google.com/BlackCanoeDog
    2011 Rocky Mountain Altitude 70 RSL
    2015 RSD Mayor...loves the white stuff!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    maybe we will have to go out that way, if nobody wants to ride around here.

I Strava Hamburgers
    I want a fat bike so bad. Why do you guys keep tempting me with this kind of stuff.
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Just read Hardwood's allowing fat bikes on the trails at night once they are fully open for night skiing,

gotta get me one of these bikes

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Stone View Post
    I want a fat bike so bad. Why do you guys keep tempting me with this kind of stuff.
    Just bought one myself.
    Drove to Ottawa and bought it at Tall Tree Cycles. No one here in the Hamilton area could come anywhere near their price.
    Its cool riding through a soft spot on the trail and realizing you are actually improving the trail. Packs down the hoof prints and other tire tracks nicely.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by swabag View Post
    Maybe we should do an MTBR group buy... (damn you, BCD!)
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

I Strava Hamburgers
    Honestly I'm afraid of riding one and liking it too much... then forcing my entire family and friends lists to go on massive rides through the wilderness while camping and fishing for hundreds of kilometers if they ever want to spend time with me again if I did get one.

There's a point where bike lust ends, and wanderlust begins, and a fat bike makes that transition in seconds of thinking about it.
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

mtbr member
    I started collecting parts last spring knowing I wanted to indulge. I have had 2 rides on it so far and lov'n it. It's a spoiler, ruined me for my fs mtb bike. I don't know of anyone else around here that has one so it will be a solo ride on Dec. 1.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by temporoad View Post
    I don't know of anyone else around here that has one so it will be a solo ride on Dec. 1.
    I've been there, done that. Friends and total strangers will want to take it for a spin at the trailhead, all sorts of people will stop, stare, and remark. And soon you won't be alone!!!

I recall one chap who had never been on one and took mine for a spin at Buckwallow on a Sunday, sent me an email on the following Thursday to thank me and and tell me that he had just bought one!!

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by swabag View Post
    Just read Hardwood's allowing fat bikes on the trails at night once they are fully open for night skiing,

Cool...that's great news! When I get my season pass for skiing I'm going to ask Gravenhurst Nordic ( aka Buckwallow ) if they will let me onto their ski trails too when conditions are right.

mtbr member
    I will be riding on Saturday.
    Just deciding between riding up in Sauble beach ,or if there is a more local group ride happening. Is Turkey point still a go?
    Homebase is Paris.
    Either way rolling on fatties!
    14 True North Ti Fatty/29+(Paragon sliders)
    12 True North steel 29er (Paragon sliders)
    09Salsa Fargo
    08 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Planning to take Fatty to the beach from Port Maitland to Mowhawk Point. Should be a neat mix of sand, cobble, bedrock, zebra mussle shell dunes, and high banks. Hope the winds stay light. With the low water levels there is lots of beach to play on. I had a great moonlight ride on Long Beach last night.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    @big hustler we met last year at the hydrocut, I have the gt fatty. There are at least 4 people I know of here in brantford with fat bikes and three others I dont know. Turkey point is good if youre interested its kind of sandy , this is where we go to ride when its raining.
    We are up for anything, the beach ride sounds good. How long a ride is Port Maitland to Mowhawk Point Smittyway?

mtbr member
    There's a Gravenhurst/Bracebridge area Saturday ride being planned for anyone in the area.

mtbr member
    heading to glen major for a fat ride on sat!!
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by angryx View Post
    @big hustler we met last year at the hydrocut, I have the gt fatty. There are at least 4 people I know of here in brantford with fat bikes and three others I dont know. Turkey point is good if youre interested its kind of sandy , this is where we go to ride when its raining.
    We are up for anything, the beach ride sounds good. How long a ride is Port Maitland to Mowhawk Point Smittyway?
    This will be the first time I will do this beach ride. I've hiked sections of it before. Fatties were new for my wife and I this fall. On the map it looks like approx 9km from port to point, add in some play time on the limited trails in Pock Point Provincial Park and it should be ok. I really like Turkey Point but it is 1.5 hour drive. This ride is 10 min down the road. This summer my wife an I are planning an over nighter out the south side beach of Long Point on the fatties.

Muskoka

fatbike group ride at BRMC ...

there is a bunch of us riding the BRMC trails along the Muskoka River north of Bracebridge on Sat at 10:30. A few riders are coming up from the Barrie area to join in. All are welcome ...

It's been snowing this week so it will look more like this

mtbr member
    Looks like I will staying south for the weekend.
    angryx what time is the ride?
    Meeting point in Brantford to carpool?
    or at Turkey point?
    Or is your group interested in riding the hydro cut @ 9?
    14 True North Ti Fatty/29+(Paragon sliders)
    12 True North steel 29er (Paragon sliders)
    09Salsa Fargo
    08 Surly Big Dummy

Muskoka

Rentals...

If anyone is in our area and would like to join the BRMC ride in Bracebridge but doesn't have a fatbike, know that Muskoka Outfitters in Bracebridge has 9 ZERO 7 rental, and Algonquin Outfitters in Huntsville has Salsa Mukluk rentals I think!

mtbr member
    Rats.. I'll be in the area too BCD but am playing in a hockey tournament this weekend in Huntsville. Wish I could do both!!
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    looks like we are meeting at Mole rd. in Turkey point, we will be there at 9:30am. All are welcome, looks like just two of us maybe bighustler. Going to be a good day.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgage View Post
    Rats.. I'll be in the area too BCD but am playing in a hockey tournament this weekend in Huntsville. Wish I could do both!!
    The local forecast looks pretty sweet, won't catch me inside a rink...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast