Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    [/QUOTE]

Ah Mike, he's so dramatic Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow, it's been far too long.

I see Mike's thermos for coffee/or hot chocolate. Do you think it would be frowned upon if I brought my Jager filled flask for a 10:30 am ride?

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdoff View Post
    Ah Mike, he's so dramatic Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow, it's been far too long.

I see Mike's thermos for coffee/or hot chocolate. Do you think it would be frowned upon if I brought my Jager filled flask for a 10:30 am ride? [/QUOTE]

Hmmm, red wine in the evening, Jager in the morning!!
    Sorry to say Mike had prior commitment and much as he would like to, he won't be able to be with us tomorrow.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/BlackCanoeDog
    2011 Rocky Mountain Altitude 70 RSL
    2015 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post

I see Mike's thermos for coffee/or hot chocolate. Do you think it would be frowned upon if I brought my Jager filled flask for a 10:30 am ride?
    Hmmm, red wine in the evening, Jager in the morning!!
    Sorry to say Mike had prior commitment and much as he would like to, he won't be able to be with us tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Hey I work in healthcare.....you're considered an anomaly if you DONT drink, lol.

mtbr member
    Great ride in Bracebridge with BCD and the crew. I won't even post the crappy shots I took with my point & shoot camera as I'm sure BCD will have some amazing photos to contribute, but this one shows the variety of fatbikes at today's ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Global fatbike ride!!!!!!-global_fatbike_day_002.jpg  

Muskoka

2012-12-01 BRMC Muskoka...

Fun ride with a lucky seven of us out. Could have been a double digit turnout IF some hadn't had to work, were not down with flu, or not commited to the Santa Claus Parade.
    But then as they say...IF your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle!

2015 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=BlackCanoeDog;9925509]Fun ride with a lucky seven of us out. Could have been a double digit turnout IF some hadn't had to work, were not down with flu, or not commited to the Santa Claus Parade.

Wow the colors just pop with the snow in the background. This by far is my favorite. Blue didn't like our social time and made it clear it was time to get going

Muskoka
    [QUOTE=Merdoff;9925534]
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Fun ride with a lucky seven of us out. Could have been a double digit turnout IF some hadn't had to work, were not down with flu, or not commited to the Santa Claus Parade.

Wow the colors just pop with the snow in the background. This by far is my favorite. Blue didn't like our social time and made it clear it was time to get going

Just realized there were eight, I forgot to count Blue just because he is always there
    2015 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    We rode 30km at Turkey Point this morning.
    Trail conditions were leaf blown,twisty, flowing singletrack.
    First time on these trails(I'll be back)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Global fatbike ride!!!!!!-image.jpg  

14 True North Ti Fatty/29+(Paragon sliders)
    12 True North steel 29er (Paragon sliders)
    09Salsa Fargo
    08 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Hustler View Post
    We rode 30km at Turkey Point this morning.
    Trail conditions were leaf blown,twisty, flowing singletrack.
    First time on these trails(I'll be back)
    Nice!!!!! No snow? It's funny as John and I were heading North there was less snow than in Barrie, which is rather unusual. It wasn't till we hit Bracebridge that there was any accumulation. Even in Gravenhurst there was very little. Amazing what 10 minutes north can do

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for posting the picture Bighustler, I will try to post a little video soon.

Nice pics blackcanoedog looks like it was a good time, going to have to head out there soon.

mtbr member
    My ride at Glen Major yesterday was amazing. 22k and great conditions. My contribution to GFBD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Global fatbike ride!!!!!!-glen-major-fat-day.jpg  

"Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    My wife and I took fatties for a 2.5 hour adventure by bike on Ontario's South Coast

Gnarly
    Thats my idea of a day at the beach! Looks like you both had a fun ride
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Evil Jr.
    Looks so fun!

[shatner]Must resist urge to buy fatbike... resistance...failing...[/shatner]
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    We both love the fatties! It is the same kind of fun I had in my teens when I went from a 10 speed to my first mountain bike. All of a sudden there were all these new places to ride that my old bike would not take me. I'd just cruise around my local area and discover trails and places in my "backyard" that I had never been. It made me feel like I had gone to somewhere else far far away but I was right at home. I can't wait until we have some snow to play in.

mtbr member

more from GFBD

great ride with some great friends....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Global fatbike ride!!!!!!-glen-major-1.jpg  

Global fatbike ride!!!!!!-glen-major-2.jpg  

Global fatbike ride!!!!!!-glen-major-5.jpg  

Global fatbike ride!!!!!!-glen-major-6.jpg  

"Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    @smittyway looks like we are going to have to pay you a visit, the beach riding seems to have everything rocks/logs/sand/dunes. it looks like alot more fun than Longpoint which was only sand, still fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by angryx View Post
    @smittyway looks like we are going to have to pay you a visit, the beach riding seems to have everything rocks/logs/sand/dunes. it looks like alot more fun than Longpoint which was only sand, still fun.
    It is quite a diverse section of shoreline. We parked at Rock Point Provincial Park and did an out and back ride between Port Maitland and Mowhawk Point. When we got to Mowhawk Point we considered just riding the 10km or so back home along the shoreline. Next time it will be a drop off at the park and ride home along the beach. The only caution I have for this section of shoreline is go only when there is no wind or offshore winds. Even light onshore winds and waves will result in a few water crossings. Next time we go I'll post up a time and date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2