mtbr member

Glen Major/Walker Woods Spring use Survey

Last fall the TRCA did a survey of use on the Glen Major/Walker Woods property. That was just a snapshot. They've back at it again to see what the trends are in the use of the property. So if you're approached at the parking lot to do a survey please participate.

The parking lot survey is not the only way to be counted though. The TRCA has set up a survey that you can fill out online. Please take 15 minutes and fill it out.The survey concludes June 12th so don't delay.
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...dmVBLC8A_3d_3d

Question 9 is the "additional comments" field. Please make sure to fill this one out. It is what will allow you to discuss the other thing not covered in the survey, like removal of hazard trees (are you pro or con?), more advanced single track perhaps, a trail naming system maybe. Don't use these ideas unless they really are your concerns as well.
    Jason Murray
    Rep for Ontario, IMBA Canada
    Visit the IMBA Canada site to keep current on all things IMBA in Canada.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Just did one. I told them that it would be a great place for a 24 hour race

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    done - filled out

mtbr member
    Why do they keep doing surveys? I'm a little annoyed that they're spending money on surveys instead of cleaning up the fallen trees that are causing some horrible re-routes in that area.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    Why do they keep doing surveys? I'm a little annoyed that they're spending money on surveys instead of cleaning up the fallen trees that are causing some horrible re-routes in that area.
    Surveys don't cost a lot of money and information/data gathering is one of the first steps for carrying out a program such as trail provision. Feedback is important to let the custodians know what services to provide and to what group at what times/seasons.

And its not like they are deciding to either do a survey OR provide maintenance - they are doing both and more. If their maintenance is sub-par let them know either through the survey, email or pick up the phone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    I feel your pain. Most of the downed trees should be cleared now. If you see any others throughout the season let me know and I'll pass along the information.
    Jason Murray
    Rep for Ontario, IMBA Canada
    Visit the IMBA Canada site to keep current on all things IMBA in Canada.