mtbr member
    Oct 2005

getting a little pi$$ed at drivers,

got knocked off my bike yesterday by a guy turning right without any warning. The two cyclists hit Saturday in Burlington and "Police say itís possible the driver of the van could be unaware the collision happened." Do you really want a guy driving around that hit two guys on bicycles and might not know he hit them. And in Norwich England this girl hits and runs and tweets about how she is not in the wrong.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1148886/th...-WAY-570.jpg?5

sheep in FOX clothing
    It's that time of the year. I was honked at every day last week on my usual ride to work.

Prior to that I had maybe two honks in 2013.

Warm weather seems to make people drive aggressively and get in each others faces more.

cyberbully
    riding back from bolton to toronto on friday night, i was in the shoulder the whole time, but it wasn't far enough for an idiot in his black pick up to honk then feign that he's going to sideswipe me.

its these psychos you gotta worry about on country roads, the ones that would kill someone if no one is looking then pretend its an accident. I'm thinking that theres quite of bit of folks like that, sadly. In my truck, I break for squirrels if they're crossing the road, i can't imagine punching the gas and driving into an animal, nevermind feeling so entitled to the road that i would try to kill a human.
    ...a truly skeptical position would be a very uncertain one.
    -Rupert Sheldrake

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I don't think most drivers realize how much at risk we are and as far as the yahoos that pass a foot away at 80 km/h when they can move over 6 feet, maybe that's what makes cycling an "extreme sport." But still the police have to get more on our side and prosecute careless drivers, and maybe some of the idiot cyclists that make drivers angry at cyclists.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ol-crank View Post
    and maybe some of the idiot cyclists that make drivers angry at cyclists.
    Definitely a part of the problem. I see cyclists doing things all the time that just makes me shake my head.
    '10 Hardrock Sport Disc

sore member
    Quote Originally Posted by madaxc View Post
    Definitely a part of the problem. I see cyclists doing things all the time that just makes me shake my head.
    I see a lot of that. I also see a lot of drivers doing the same. Running red lights, rolling through stops, tailgating, speeding, weaving in and out, not signalling, distracted driving, etc.

There are plenty of people out there with no regard for the rules of the road or the safety of others. Plenty on two wheels, and plenty on four. If they are going to be on the road, I prefer they be on a bike, where they pose a danger mostly to themselves, rather than in a high-speed 2000+ pound steel cage, where they are a danger to everyone.