Muskoka

Flora is tucked in, fast asleep...[o]

bi-winning
    You're so predictable. With Buckwallow closed for the season, and great November weather, what else would you do but ride some granite slabs?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
    You're so predictable. With Buckwallow closed for the season, and great November weather, what else would you do but ride some granite slabs?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    LOL! Hunters start shootin' tomorrow for two weeks, so had to get this ride in. Who knows, we could be into snow after that. And Bonnie has only been out to The Barrens maybe twice this year, so I was making the logical choice
    But I'm staying outta the woods next couple of weeks...maybe even get caught up on some overdue domestic chores that need doing before the snow flies!!

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    ...maybe even get caught up on some overdue domestic chores that need doing before the snow flies!!
    Yep, aside from the glorious time we spent out trail building, I used the rest of the nice weather to get the snow tires on the cars and rake up loads and loads of fallen leaves (our catalpa dropped everything all at once, like a blanket).

On the bright side, we also cleared out the veggie garden. Leeks, beets and jerusalem artichokes out and garlic back in!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    The shooting started long before Monday and will not stop in two weeks but the village is in a no discharge firearm zone.
    We spent sometime there last week and the trails are all leaf blown and in just great shape. Had a excellent ride there Sunday. I hope some people get a chance to use it before the snow comes...... You could try it too B I think you`ve been there before...........

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    The shooting started long before Monday and will not stop in two weeks but the village is in a no discharge firearm zone.
    We spent sometime there last week and the trails are all leaf blown and in just great shape. Had a excellent ride there Sunday. I hope some people get a chance to use it before the snow comes...... You could try it too B I think you`ve been there before...........
    Hey NN, question.....
    All that meadow, bush, and hills I see on the left side of 118 just outside of BB heading to PC ( vicinity of old Rainbow Ridge and in behind ); I can't believe that area is not rife with mtbike trails!?!?!? Looks like it could be fantastic riding in there!

mtbr member
    The area has trails, hiking and cross country skiing, but mostly through a local families farm "I went to school with one of the son's". The trails are not used by the general public more by neighboring home owners that know the family. It's mostly open field and meadow. The old ski hill is owned by the retirement home. Which could benefit from the entertainment element of mountain biking. And the last farm is being turned into a subdivision about 60% full.