mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Wink First ride under the powerline at Beauport (Qc)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_DxFMLKytk

The goal of this is only to show in what kind of crap we rolled this afternoon

We wanted to ride... so...

It was 0°C and snowy when we were leaving site.

I can't wait to film the hole track (±35km). It's a major part on the "VeloMag Raid", it begins from the Chateau Frontenac, go to the powerlines and ends at the Mont Sainte-Anne. Somedays, it gonna be really fast... if it can stops snowing!!! We just got an other 2''

Anyway...

pin it
    Looks like a tough slog! I imagaine the ride is better when drier.

We go to Mont Sainte Anne every year in the fall for DH. Love it there! Fun vélo et délicieux repas

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Dude! I guess you didn't eat on site... Food is really average, my advice.

There is a sushi restaurant that is really good not far: Mimosa Sushi - 10965 boul Ste Anne, QC G0A 1E0 (418)702-0747. I guess you gonna have fun being understood but the 2 cooks really rocks. For the quality, it's cheap. ±17$ and you can't take anymore

namagomi
    See, this is what happens when you're stuck road riding for too long - you'll take any chance to ride offroad even if it's a bog! Good riding, probably hard work to not go very far.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    we did 9km is this poop

there is 35° 100m long... in that

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincyboy
    Dude! I guess you didn't eat on site... Food is really average, my advice.

There is a sushi restaurant that is really good not far: Mimosa Sushi - 10965 boul Ste Anne, QC G0A 1E0 (418)702-0747. I guess you gonna have fun being understood but the 2 cooks really rocks. For the quality, it's cheap. ±17$ and you can't take anymore
    We shop at the market in the old city and prep our own meals. For a wicked treat : Ashtons

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    oh god... Ashtons...

Where you from to like this ?

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincyboy
    oh god... Ashtons...

Where you from to like this ?
    lol northern ontario

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    ok now I got it ^_^

It's a fact that the Mimosa Sushi isn't in the same category, BUT, it is an unknown spot. Never understood why. Been there a couple of times.

Anyway. When you go to MSA, you rent a camp spot or you go to hotel? If you go to camping, I recommend you to ask for the spot G-20 to G-26. They are the ones with the best fire "spot" and it's easy to see the night guard approching when you are getting drunk at 3am

pin it
    Thank you for the info. We've been staying at the Chateau MSA but when we get our camper I'll make sure we get that primo camp spot

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    G20 to G26 are tent sites. I think the camper site are in the H section. The area for camper is full of families... so, forget about getting laid around a fire with friends and a guitar (or two, when we are lucky).

To be honest, last summer is the ****ing best of my life! I think I slept in my bed not more than 3-4 week ends... from june to october. Rain or without, didn't mind! When we were the same 4 Beatles, 20 min to:
    - install the protective canvas for 2-3 tent and the lunch table
    - start a fire (rain or no rain),
    - drink 2 beers
    - start the coleman

I'm the crazy dude that climbs trees to install the wires, drunk or not drunk... mouahahahah!

well, we still prefer the fun to built a new setup each time.