Fall colours on a rainy day - a few pictures

By rkj__

By rkj__

By rkj__

By rkj__

By rkj__

By rkj__

By rkj__
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    Where are you in these fotos?

bi-winning
    Well, i am in ONE of them - second last. Self timer shots can be a challenge. sometimes they turn out like this.

By rkj__
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Good job on the self timer!
    Are the shots straight out of your camera? I only ask because I have yet to see such vibrant colours thus far this fall. Last week at Kelso the colours still seemed muted.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by hmto
    Good job on the self timer!
    Are the shots straight out of your camera? I only ask because I have yet to see such vibrant colours thus far this fall. Last week at Kelso the colours still seemed muted.
    No, actually, i cheated. My personal digi cam is very cheap and basic. I looked at the pictures i took, and they did not captivate the colours i saw. So, i basically just upped the contrast in some of them using basic software.

Here is the original of the first shot. The colours look very bland. Some of the reds were really fantastic in real life.

By rkj__

Shorthills Cycling Club

dirt roadie
    Nice photos Ryan!
    I'm hoping it's nice and not too muddy this weekend...I'm itching to get my mtb back out for a spin around the Short Hills, and take my camera too.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by zedfoto
    Nice photos Ryan!
    I'm hoping it's nice and not too muddy this weekend...I'm itching to get my mtb back out for a spin around the Short Hills, and take my camera too.
    I hope that works out for you.

I did so much riding in st. catharines this summer, but i never took any pictures. i just never wanted to interrupt a ride to stop and take pictures, although there were a few times i wished i had a camera with me.

Shorthills Cycling Club

NormalNorm
    Hey Ryan, is that Albion Falls on the East mountain? Great pics...

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by norm
    Hey Ryan, is that Albion Falls on the East mountain? Great pics...
    Yes, i finally took the time to venture out that way. I went once before on my road bike, but i decided i wanted to check out some of the trails. I had no idea where i was going. I actually ended up by the 4 pad arena at one point. It was fun exploring. I found a lot of doubletrack in King's forest, but not a whole lot of singletrack. There were actually some workers working on some new pathway. it was very soft still. I think i was the first to ride it. I can see that things were probably pretty different before the new highway.

Shorthills Cycling Club

"Its All Good"
    Great pictures, the colours are amazing...Enjoy seeing pictures of the differing trees around the globe....Especially in the Autumn
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    personally i can't stand riding on leaves...too much slippage on my fast tracks. Once I get my nevegals in though that'll be a different story

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by -=phelan=-
    personally i can't stand riding on leaves...too much slippage on my fast tracks. Once I get my nevegals in though that'll be a different story
    IMO, it can be pretty fun not knowing what is under those leaves No matter what tire you have on, it's still a surprise.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Great pictures.

I also bring along my small digital camera with me as well as a GPS.

Glen Major

Durham
    Forest

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    Quote Originally Posted by 2WD
    Where are you in these fotos?
    ooops! Where are you as in location-wize.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by 2WD
    ooops! Where are you as in location-wize.
    Albion Falls/King's Forest/East Mountain/Hamilton

Shorthills Cycling Club