dirt roadie

Fall colour in the Short Hills

Everybody else is doing fall colour threads, so I can too. If you're on 56k (seriously is there anybody that still uses dial up??), or still using a 1024x768 display, you might as well give up now.

It was kind of wet, and I was having fun clearing some pretty technical sections while clutching a $2K kit in my right hand My bike is the perfect colour for fall riding...camouflage!! But now I'm not happy that my bike is muddy.
    The last two are actually Sulphur Springs...and I actually drove there, but I was wearing my bike shoes to climb into the ditch, so it still counts

Anyways, pictures.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by zedfoto
    a $2K kit in my right hand
    Not sure what you mean by kit

Anyway, nice to see that you got out this weekend as well. The colour of your frame really does look great against the backdrop of fallen leaves.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

dirt roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    Not sure what you mean by kit
    I meant my camera and lens...it's just easier to call it a kit

bi-winning
    I meant my camera and lens...it's just easier to call it a kit
    that is what i thought, but surly you could find a better way to carry your stuff than in your hand

i always appreciate the quality of your pictures though. it is easy to see that they are not from some cheap-*** digi cam like mine
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

dirt roadie
    lol I had a backpack, I just got tired of taking it in and out when I saw a good shot. When I got out to the clearings I put the camera away and went for it.
    Cheap digicams have their uses, I still have a couple kicking around.

Defiant MTB
    I was thinking of hitting Short Hills today, but since I've never been there and I was going to ride solo I went elsewhere. Is it hard to navigate?

I hope I can get out there before the snowfall...nice pics!

Thanks for sharing!

dirt roadie
    You can get lost, but most of the trails end up in the same place eventually.
    Here's a map: http://www.friendsofshorthillspark.c...lsMapprint.jpg
    Trails 1,2, and 7 are the 'bike legal' paths.
    I'm only a few minutes from the park if you need someone to ride with...I'm away next weekend but maybe the weekend after?

Defiant MTB
    You can get lost, but most of the trails end up in the same place eventually.
    Here's a map: http://www.friendsofshorthillspark.c...lsMapprint.jpg
    Trails 1,2, and 7 are the 'bike legal' paths.
    I'm only a few minutes from the park if you need someone to ride with...I'm away next weekend but maybe the weekend after?
    Hey zed,

Thanks for the link to the map.

There's a group I ride with (Defiant MTB on Facebook) and we're always looking at new places to ride. Maybe in the next couple of weeks we'll plan a trip down that way and you can join us.

Looking forward to hitting up Short Hills...