mtbr member

The Fall is Buck!

This morning (Sunday) we got to Buckwallow, the parking lot was empty Mike had the fire going. We had an amazing ride, cool, dry and bug free. Our group was small just 4 of us and as we were riding we asked why?
    In the spring it could be wet, buggy, slippery and muddy and we get 8-10 guys riding every ride.
    When we arrived back to the parking lot after seeing only one other rider all morning we were amazed to see both parking lots near full.

For us this is it, the time is now, the best time of the year to ride a bike in Muskoka.

mtbr member
    I was looking at some pics from there a few days ago. I really have to make a point of getting up there this fall some time to check it out.
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    You won't regret it. It is one of my favorite places to ride now. Try to check out the Torrance Barrens if you are in that area as well. Cool place to ride. Check out BCD's galleries.
    Burnt Norton

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    When we arrived back to the parking lot after seeing only one other rider all morning we were amazed to see both parking lots near full.
    For us this is it, the time is now, the best time of the year to ride a bike in Muskoka.
    If you didn't spend most of your ride time sessioning the Weasel, you might see more people -lol! Ya, both parking lots were jammed full when Bonnie & I wrapped up our ride noonish! Link to my Muskoka Riding Galleries on Picasa is in my signature. Buckwallow trails are in best shape ever IMO!

ps: alternate link to my Muskoka pic galleries...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1131255...7?noredirect=1

mtbr member
    You are right BCD we did spend some time in the Weasel and The Do Drop In backwards but we also got right to the back and did the Mohawk. I think sometimes it's just timing a lot of riders can fit in with out getting jammed up anywhere. The most likely place we could have meet someone was finishing on Loam Rider ya ya backwards.

We rode the village tonight and it is such a contrast not just in techy riding but in the numbers of riders riding Buck and the work Mike puts in the trail.

We are very lucky to have both trails so close. now the problem is choosing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have been doing most of my riding at porcupine this year. Love the trails there. Now that night ride season is coming it will be interesting with lights.

Had the kids at Buck tonight. Still Here is my 5 year old son's favorite trail.

mtbr member
    It is getting dark earlier we will need light soon to finish the ride.
    We usually end up leaf blowing with our bike lights and hearing protection that is such a weird feeling...... watch your back.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    PM me when you are doing some leaf blowing. I did some blowing with Ian(that sounds bad) at the start of the year. Also put the extension and landing on the main trail bridge.

mtbr member
    Thanks I will do, we can always use more help .
    Usually later in October hopefully after most have fallen so we don't have to do it over and over again.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by mxzx121 View Post
    Still Here is my 5 year old son's favorite trail.
    I really like that one too, my favourite way is backwards! Nice flow and great fun