mtbr member

Everyone gets lost

So in this great sport of ours, everyone gets lost out there...........so lets hear some of your stories about that time you got lost.

I thought I start with my classic tale.
    The year was 2004 and it was Autumn and the leaves were down big time that weekend.
    The place (in hindsight ....maybe not a good choice) Dufferin Forest.

So we are all booting it and snap......my f$^#$%^%^ing chain gives out. so I have to stop and do some repairs. Thinking I would be ok.....I told everyone I will catch up (big mistake!) Any ways, I fix the chain and start off again.....by this point its 2:30 pm. I hook up on what I thought was the trail and ride along.........only.... crap......I ended up on private property and the pyshco farmer has three dogs who see me and start barking at me like crazy..........so buddy comes out with a gun and starts telling me off.......at this point I thought he was going to kidnap me and throw me in his cellar. From all the confusion, I am a little disoriented as to where I am on his property and infact am riding deeper into it.....so he starts chasing me with his dogs..........arrrgggggggggggg! So I finally find a trail mouth and take it........dam that was close I thought to myself.
    So here I am riding now with no f__kg clue as to where I am and run into some kids who are I guess walking or doing some other activities my parents would not of agreed with. They think I look like a fairy in my spandex and start to call me names and throw rocks at me........dam brats!............lucky them there was 10 or so of them. So I go down this steep hill I have never seem before and I swear it felt as if I had just jumped off a building.
    So I am riding now still no clue as to where I am going and holy **** ...........would you believe it I pissed off some bird and got bird **** dumped on me. So gross as that sounds, I had to stop somewhere and wipe it off with something, so I stop take off my camelback for some water and pick up a few leaves I saw on the ground. Well I should of paid attention cause some of the leaves I think were poison ivy and dam I looked like freak face after that day.....let me tell you.
    So with my face clean so I thought I started riding again and and luckily I found a group of blessed mtbr's and I hitched up with them and made my way back to my car.............by the way the time I got to my car was 6:15 or so.
    Lets hear some of yours.
    Last edited by PedalOctaneManager; 01-04-2008 at 02:09 PM.
    BURN IT UP >>>>>>>>PEDALOCTANE>>>>>>>