mtbr member

Dufferin Forest Recreation Plan update....Council Approval

I'm pleased to let everyone know that Dufferin Council approved the Recreation Draft Proposal at last nights Council meeting. This means that the Proposal is now Policy.

I definitely have to say a huge thanks to everyone that supported this project. If you were one of the ones that filled out a survey, went to an open house or commented on the Draft Plan then this happened because of you and you deserve credit in making this succeed. It demonstrates that if a group becomes organized and motivated they can evoke change.

I also want to note that the other members of the Forest Operation Review Committee and the County Staff involved where amazing at everything they do.

This is the starting point to lots of things that will hopefully enhance the experience of riding at the Dufferin Main Tract.
    If you wish to review the Plan here is the link to it. Please educate yourself with Trail Etiquette for all user groups.

http://www.dufferinmuseum.com/forest...r%20review.pdf

See you on the trails! Johnny
    S.C. Heckler
    S.C. Blur xc
    Surly Necromancer
    team van go

Movin' to Montana soon
    Jul 2011
    They let in a logging company to almost clear cut vast areas and leave massive 3 foot wide trenches everywhere from their machines and they are worried about us doing damage by going off trail or removing some branches or a tree?

I guess they get paid big bucks to let loggers destroy huge areas of forest though so it's okay.

mtbr member
    the new rec plan will definitely benefit us all
    thanks for all the work Hekler
    without your efforts I doubt this would have been a reality
    As far as the logging goes, the truth is there are no areas that have almost been clear-cut.
    for the loggers to get there equipment in and out they need to cut in some roads.
    the loggers have been great in there efforts to not damage the trails and keep any damage to a minimum. also they were great at not leaving a large amount of debris on our trails. It's impossible not to leave some trace behind.
    the county has to generate some source of income from these forests so this logging is not a new thing.
    without this logging income they would probably either sell the land off or start charging every user group entry fees to access this forest.
    no forests were destroyed
    Team Van Go

the older I get the better I was