Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Don Valley Flood Damage

If you are planning to be in the Don this weekend be aware. According to the report from the Don of The Dirt Jumps, today was the worst he has ever seen it.

Seen a pic where a big chunk of trail was taken out as well as a telephone pole apparently.

It will take a few days for the Don Rats to get to it all.

mtbr member
    Was wondering about this, considering it flooded the frickin' DVP.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Paul the Dirt Jump Don has contacted the city and they are providing garbage bags and gloves for the clean up. He should already be down there beginning the clean up.

mtbr member

Don Valley Flood Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    If you are planning to be in the Don this weekend be aware. According to the report from the Don of The Dirt Jumps, today was the worst he has ever seen it.

Seen a pic where a big chunk of trail was taken out as well as a telephone pole apparently.

It will take a few days for the Don Rats to get to it all.
    I rode the flats on Monday evening. Several sections of trail were completely gone, not just washed out but the entire riverbank had been carried away. There was a great deal of sand on what was left, it reminded me of racing CX or perhaps of winter riding in snow.

humber river advocate
    it's an old story in the don and the reason why the flats are not high on the list of an area to have trails officially. here's a short vid of the shoreline/trees washing out right beside the trail.

i've been at the dj's where it flooded out real fast (see pic). sooner or later the railroad will get in there to build some protective structures as the river moves closer to the tracks. one big storm could do it, but it is hard to say. the best advice is when it pours get out of the lower sections fast, you just never know how high the water will go. "(play safe).

Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by raganwald View Post
    I rode the flats on Monday evening. Several sections of trail were completely gone, not just washed out but the entire riverbank had been carried away. There was a great deal of sand on what was left, it reminded me of racing CX or perhaps of winter riding in snow.
    I remember that happened to the flats about a dozen years ago too. Whole big sections near the river had just disappeared.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.