2WD
    Rides like a girl

D'oh in the snow

So....I did something today that I didn't really think would have any adverse effects - which was inflating a tire with a compressed gas canister. Got a flat, took the old tube out, found the puncture hole, checked for anything sticking in my tire, didn't feel like patching it, got out a new tube, put it in, got ready to inflate.....well.....started to inflate my tire, which was going along ok, but then I noticed that there was this area by the valve which wasn't inflating, felt all dimpled and was quite hard, thought ....hmmmmm,that's kind of weird....took the tube out and that spot was all crunchy and hard and there were all of these linear holes where it had broke.....using the CO2 had frozen my tube!! So.....just wanted to pass that along for anyone out there who might not know about what not so great a thing CO2 is in the winter!! D'Oh!!!

bi-winning
    i assume you then needed to patch the first tube. does that process work well in sub zero temperatures?
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    I'm afraid I don't know, luckily I had a friend with me who had an extra tube and used my hand pump to get going again.