Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Defiant MTB
    Reputation: genetix.canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    89

    Do you like pink?

    It's been a while since I've posted here, but I thought I might ask everyone for their opinion.

    I'm in the process of finalizing my dream build for next season and have decided I will be building up an Ellsworth Epiphany. With that said, I want people's opinions about the colour I should get.

    The two choices are as follows:
    - Pink Anodized
    - Smoke Anodized

    I think the pink is hot, but my fiancee thinks it's too feminine.

    Plus, I think it would be funny when people look at the pink bike and think "Man, it's a pink bike!" And not, "Man, that's an Epiphany!"

    Curious as to what people have to say. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    405
    Haven't seen the bike but I just saw my I9 wheelset today and they are sick. Going on my white Nomad. They aren't just pink panther pink, but HOT screaming pink.

    If you dress it up nicely and tastefully I think you can get away with it. And it helps to be able to aquit yourself on the trails if you dare to ride PINK.

  3. #3
    Defiant MTB
    Reputation: genetix.canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by hmto
    Haven't seen the bike but I just saw my I9 wheelset today and they are sick. Going on my white Nomad. They aren't just pink panther pink, but HOT screaming pink.

    If you dress it up nicely and tastefully I think you can get away with it. And it helps to be able to aquit yourself on the trails if you dare to ride PINK.
    I guess it would help if you could see a pic of the pink 'piph. Here it is...

    HMTO: Where'd you get your wheelset from? I'll either build up a wheelset or go with I9s...jury's still out on that one.

    Post a pic of the new wheels as well if you get the chance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    LBS Manager
    Reputation: Johnny Hair Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,890
    I perfer the smoke. It has a real classy look.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rocks'r'friends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    564
    I think the pink looks good, shows your softer side.

  6. #6
    sproket buster
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    43
    Ohh, man I thought what has fallen on your head, and now that I've seen
    the picture go for it!!!
    Ladies will love it and you for it!!!
    Live to ride, ride to live... out of Mississauga.

    MTB: Cannondale HT--------Pavment: Specialized Sirrus

  7. #7
    Space for rent...
    Reputation: SSteve F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,012

    As Payne Stewart once said...

    "when you dress like this, you better be able to back it up"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's only pain......

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    405
    Hey Genetix,
    That looks real nice. I'd go for it.
    Got my I9 from Cycle Solutions at their Parliament location. Just ask for Kale. Great guy and he'll look after you.
    I'm getting my bike back this afternoon.
    Rode the I9's on Kales Nomad a couple months back and loved them. Light and engages quickly. And will probably drop almost 2lbs off my ride. Currently on Saint hubs with Rhyno lites which I am told weigh approx 2700g. Yikes.

    Cheers

  9. #9
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,769
    it's cool today and yes, i too want a pink frame...but that colour is just about for life...so consider that...like the dude that buys an orange pickup cause it looks hot on the lot. 2yrs later he's got his head in an oven or hes swerving into transport traffic...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,912
    Get pink if you love the color. Do not get pink if the only reason for pink is to get other people's attention.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    628
    From a womans perspective, my first thought upon seeing a man riding a pink bike would be, huh, I wonder why he's riding his wifes bike?
    It's a gorgeous bike though. Love the pink. If you like it, go for it. Who cares what anyone else thinks anyway! It will get you a lot of attention, that's for sure.
    Last edited by racergurl; 10-26-2007 at 09:16 AM.
    High on Life

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    676

    Oury Grips.... oldschool!

    I was visiting Speedgoat in PA and saw these babies sitting on the wall....

    reminded me of how I was back in the late eighties in my skateboarding days... everything was neon yellow and how pink....

    plus, the chicks dig it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    phil shep

    COMM|T OR EAT SH|T

  13. #13
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    I don't "DO" pink...

    personally, this lady don't do pink ... you'll never even see me wearing anything pink other than my Fly Gurlz jersey and that is "rasberry" and that's pushing it ... but I wear it to support women's mtb'ing - hell even Noggs has worn one

    personally I think the Nebula Blue Anodized is HOT...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  14. #14
    Burnt Orange Lives
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,276

    oh yes...

    i like pink... i like it very much...


    Quote Originally Posted by genetix.canada
    It's been a while since I've posted here, but I thought I might ask everyone for their opinion.

    I'm in the process of finalizing my dream build for next season and have decided I will be building up an Ellsworth Epiphany. With that said, I want people's opinions about the colour I should get.

    The two choices are as follows:
    - Pink Anodized
    - Smoke Anodized

    I think the pink is hot, but my fiancee thinks it's too feminine.

    Plus, I think it would be funny when people look at the pink bike and think "Man, it's a pink bike!" And not, "Man, that's an Epiphany!"

    Curious as to what people have to say. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,912
    osokolo: i like pink... i like it very much...

    We are talking about bike colors oso, not that pink.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

  16. #16
    Defiant MTB
    Reputation: genetix.canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    89
    Haha...thanks for all your input!

    I love the bike, the colour, and what it stands for (have a lot of people in my life affected by breast cancer), but with such a statement I would definitely have to be on my game each and every ride...hammer so hard people will be in awe of the sheer strength and power and not too focused on the fact that the bike is pink. Haha...

    It's so true what Payne Stewart said...I'd better be able to back it up!

    Maybe I'll go for a more subtle statement with getting the smoke anodized/blue nebula anodized and complement it with pink parts (i.e. pink King headset, pink hubs, etc.)...

    Hmm...we'll see how I feel when it comes to pulling the trigger. I've already got a supplier ready to go with the bike and parts.

  17. #17
    Burnt Orange Lives
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,276

    get pink...

    it is hot colour and it is a statement... it will look good on you... besides, it will make you one in a million... pink ellsworth??? do it!!!

    i went with nebula blue... i will spend long cold snowy winter nights building it for the next season...


    Quote Originally Posted by genetix.canada
    Haha...thanks for all your input!

    I love the bike, the colour, and what it stands for (have a lot of people in my life affected by breast cancer), but with such a statement I would definitely have to be on my game each and every ride...hammer so hard people will be in awe of the sheer strength and power and not too focused on the fact that the bike is pink. Haha...

    It's so true what Payne Stewart said...I'd better be able to back it up!

    Maybe I'll go for a more subtle statement with getting the smoke anodized/blue nebula anodized and complement it with pink parts (i.e. pink King headset, pink hubs, etc.)...

    Hmm...we'll see how I feel when it comes to pulling the trigger. I've already got a supplier ready to go with the bike and parts.

  18. #18
    Burnt Orange Lives
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,276

    WHAT? are you serious???

    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    osokolo: i like pink... i like it very much...

    We are talking about bike colors oso, not that pink.
    let me read the thread... maybe your right...

  19. #19
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,835
    If I saw someone on a pink bike, I'd probably think "Wow, that guy must be awesome!" I dunno why that is. It just is.

    The question becomes: are you awesome?
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  20. #20
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    Wink snuggle buy the fireplace with it too...

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    i went with nebula blue... i will spend long cold snowy winter nights building it for the next season...
    I'd rather we had long warm summer nights personally... all this snow talk ...sniffle, sniffle..

    still I like the blue, but it is up to the rider... personally - there are some bikes I won't even consider buying just becuase of the colour... but that is just me...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  21. #21
    Burnt Orange Lives
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,276

    you shouldn't be using...

    this forum to exchange affectionate messages... if you want someone to send you his picture - you should use private messaging option...

    now i am glad that my tent was not too close to yours at TR...



    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    If I saw someone on a pink bike, I'd probably think "Wow, that guy must be awesome!" I dunno why that is. It just is.

    The question becomes: are you awesome?

  22. #22
    Live Free or Ride!
    Reputation: GiantMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    604
    If you like it, go for it, don't do it to grab attention, me personally, I wouldn't be caught dead on any pink bike, nice ride tho.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

  23. #23
    exacerbated member
    Reputation: WorldWind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    241
    I like the inside of my steak to be pink …
    For my purpose I like a bike that can hide in the woods, but that’s just me.
    I would NEVER hate on a guy or gal with taste different than mine.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    405
    Genetix,
    Here are my new rims in hot pink. Apparently the batches of ano from I9 are never quite the same from one to the other, so I was told by the guys at CS this afternoon. Thye have had some come back in a duller shade. Also had my new XTR RD and Rapidfires installed. Let's hope it clears enough for a Sunday Kelso ride.
    I've rethought my position on the pink "bike". It is a commitment so I am now more inclined to go with the pink parts. As a sidebar, I did grab a couple pink Knog Microlights for my Cannondale Synapse.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #25
    Defiant MTB
    Reputation: genetix.canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    89
    hmto: Man, those wheels looks sweet!!

    Now I'm re-thinking the pink bike issue. Maybe I'll go with the Smoke and grab pink parts (i.e. CK headset & hubs)...decisions, decisions...

    Thanks for sharing the pic of your wheels! Hope you get out on them this weekend...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •