Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Dirt Biker Pulls Up.....

And asks if I needed any tools.

Yes, it did happen last Saturday during the 40k in Ganaraska. Had a flat...14 Stone was off a head. I had the tools and three guys come by on their dirt bikes. They had no reason to stop, we aren't even in the same sport. Yet they stopped to check if I needed a tool to get going again.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

Nice day for a ride.....

Re: Dirt Biker Pulls Up.....

Not all dirtbikers are evil. You would probably be surprised to know how many also ride mountain bikes.

Good trail ettiquite brings good karma, no matter what sport you enjoy.

:beer:
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

I Strava Hamburgers

Glad someone came by. We rode the entire thing pretty much together, I was wondering where you went to on that downhill section, thought you were right behind me when I pulled into the second feed station.
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Isn't that simply standard behaviour? I'm sure there are lots of jerks out there, but nobody I've ridden with would pass by another rider in need without asking if they need help. On the road or trail...

edit... i just realized you meant motor biker when you said dirt biker... now that is a good news story!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikin' Bric View Post
    Not all dirtbikers are evil. You would probably be surprised to know how many also ride mountain bikes.

Good trail ettiquite brings good karma, no matter what sport you enjoy.

:beer:
    Yes to the Karma.

Though I was led to believe that dirt bikers and mountain bikers can't get along. That they are so evil by someone......
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Evil Jr.
    Heck, I'd stop to help out anyone on the trail, skis, snowshoes, bikes, horses. Why not?
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Bored
    If a guy was on an ATV illegally in Durham wrecking the single track, would you then still stop?

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheelboy_490 View Post
    If a guy was on an ATV illegally in Durham wrecking the single track, would you then still stop?
    Well, I suppose it depends on the circumstances, but if his head was cracked open (assuming that if he's dumb enough to ride there illegally, he's probably doing so without a helmet... ), yes, I'd probably stop.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Well, I suppose it depends on the circumstances, but if his head was cracked open (assuming that if he's dumb enough to ride there illegally, he's probably doing so without a helmet... ), yes, I'd probably stop.
    In this scenario one must follow proper protocol,

Step 1, extract all valuables

Step 2, call 911.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    And asks if I needed any tools.

Yes, it did happen last Saturday during the 40k in Ganaraska. Had a flat...14 Stone was off a head. I had the tools and three guys come by on their dirt bikes. They had no reason to stop, we aren't even in the same sport. Yet they stopped to check if I needed a tool to get going again.
    let's not let our prejudism (for the lack of proper word) get in the way of the fact that there is only one division of all people, in my opinion.

good and bad. just to make it black and white - thought things are a bit more complicated in real life.

it doesn't matter what good people ride, drive, surf, glide, roll etc or walk... they will stop to help, regardless.

i give any trail user the benefit of the doubt, until they prove me wrong.

like the rider today at the race at hardwood, who did everything to prevent us from passing him, after i rubbed his tire by accident, thinking that he was actually letting us go. needless to say - the passing call was made on his behalf and executed within 3 seconds after he intentionally denied us at least 2 great passing opportunities. it didn't spoil the excellent atmosphere and friendly riders at the race at all.

and he was a mountain biker.
    Signature

mtbr member
    It's amazing how many people will pass someone on the side of the trail during a race , like the 8hour for example , and not offer to help
    Ride a Santa Cruz heckler
    And many part bikes : )
    " Team Van Go"

mtbr member
    On rides with my regular crew (two other ladies) we are often surprised by how many people just blow by when we're having a mechanical. Most don't even look at us. The place I've found where this is the worst: Puslinch.
    Our first ever broken chain had two of us fumbling with quicklinks while the third tried to look up a youtube video. Several groups as well as singles rolled by and not a single one asked if we needed any help.

Are mtb gals so intimidating that the fellas are afraid of us?

I always ask, even if on the move. I will always help ifI can.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash&bern View Post
    It's amazing how many people will pass someone on the side of the trail during a race , like the 8hour for example , and not offer to help
    I love riding my bike!

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetfilly7 View Post
    On rides with my regular crew (two other ladies) we are often surprised by how many people just blow by when we're having a mechanical. Most don't even look at us. The place I've found where this is the worst: Puslinch.
    Our first ever broken chain had two of us fumbling with quicklinks while the third tried to look up a youtube video. Several groups as well as singles rolled by and not a single one asked if we needed any help.

what??? I sentence those that passed by without asking if you needed help to one flat tire on their next ride. I will also let Chuck Norris know. Please let me know when and where you are riding next and I will quietly follow you from a safe distance waiting for an opportunity to help.
    Signature

mtbr member

Not many of us mtb gentlemen left that
    Practice chivalry on the trail I guess.
    Karma will see those people on the side
    Of the trail one day.
    Ride a Santa Cruz heckler
    And many part bikes : )
    " Team Van Go"

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

I was advised by my lawyer that the correct response is,

No, I am afraid of my wife.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Evil Jr.
    The place I've found where this is the worst: Puslinch.
    That's odd but I guess there's no accounting for courtesy these days.

Nerdgirl and I once carried a rider and his bike out to the McDonalds from Puslinch when we found him on the trail with a busted collar bone. Luckily, he had his phone and was able to call his wife to come get him (boy, was she steamed!). It cost us maybe an hour but really, who cares?