mtbr member
    Sep 2005

DH close to Halifax?

I may be travelling up to Halifax this summer for work and was wondering if there is any lift assisted riding within a couple hours. Trying to decide if I should bring the highline or the preston.

mtbr member
    Yes and no. The only place that close to Halifax is Ski Wentworth (1.5 hours). The lifts don't run on an daily, or even weekend basis. They normally offer a couple shuttle weekends where the trial builders will rent a truck or two and drive people to the top both Sat and Sun for a nominal price. Usually if there is a DH race weekend, often Saturday is open for practice and people can come and access the trucks as well. This might apply to a couple of the other DH events in the area. The trails on the slope at Wentworth are completely off limits if there is not an organized race/shuttle day.

There is some awesome aggressive XC trials in and around Halifax. The kind of trail where riding a 6x6 fs bike is funnest.

Check out ecmtb.com, the forums are filled with good people who will help you out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    great. thanks capt. been living in north carolina the last few years and really miss good old northeast east technical trail riding...

mtbr member
    Talk to the guys at Cyclesmith bike shop in Halifax on Quinpool road. They are a great group and tend to bring people on rides. I found a nice trail Fitspatrick mountain close to Pictou. It is about 1.5 hours from Halifax though. You need to climb to the top but the ride down in awesome.
    www.mtbiking.ca
    Your Key To The Epic Ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    thanks TR. got the pm too. i'll look them up when i get up there.