Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member

you can also have it shipped to a dozen UPS stores

Quote Originally Posted by jon123 View Post
    Has anyone tried this -- usaddressinc.com?
    in Buffalo, and if you give the store a headsup they will hold it at the UPS store for you. It usually cost $10 or so, but it is safe, and reliable.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickboers View Post
    Many times. Bike parts, frames, tankless water heaters.....
    Amazing. Thank you for that. I can't believe I didn't know about that service.
    So many times I haven't ordered from the US because of items requiring a US address.
    Fox forks and Pivot/Santa Cruz frames, for example, Competitive Cyclist only ships within the US (and they ship for free within the US so with usaddressinc being right across the border it's a great deal).

mtbr member
    Just use http://www.kinek.com/

I use it all the time.

1. Make free account, get account number
    2. Choose a location that is closest to where you want to cross (there are locations close to all border crossings). It will output how you should format the shipping address for your order.
    3. Enter tracking number on kinek.com or via their mobile app, and receive notifications when your package arrives.
    4. Show ID, pick up package, and pay $3 to $5 per package.

I prefer the Storage Central location near Ft. Erie crossing. Super nice guy who works there.

ups and downs
    How do these US address services get around the fact that most online stores only ship to the billing address of the credit card? Are you using Paypal to pay for these purchases?
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    How do these US address services get around the fact that most online stores only ship to the billing address of the credit card? Are you using Paypal to pay for these purchases?
    I have found that U.S. e-tailers (several different types of of consumer goods) which require the billing address to be the same as the shipping address are actually the exception rather than the rule. However, I should also note that possible that I contacted my card's customer service area some time ago and had them add my alternate shipping address as a recognized address related to the card account. All you have to do is ask.

This may be why it rarely seems to be an issue for me, but maybe not. So long ago I can't remember.

mtbr member
    Yup. I can't remember the last time I encountered the shipping/billing address issue.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    However, I should also note that possible that I contacted my card's customer service area some time ago and had them add my alternate shipping address as a recognized address related to the card account. All you have to do is ask.
    I had do that a long time ago, but I also send things to hotel addresses all over the country when I'll be there, or one of our mules, I mean salesmen will be there, and haven't run into any problems with the address in years.

mtbr member
    I bought a heckler frame & back shock from Santa Cruz two weeks ago
    For $550
    Paid $27:50 gst
    Ups can std $89:56
    Grand total $ 667.06
    Took a week to ship to my address in Canada

max_29

How about Fedex?

I found a used bike in US and got a FedEx international priority service quote to ship to Toronto.
    Anybody used this service for shipping bikes?
    Will I have to pay any unexpected extras when the thing arrives?

Hack Racer
    If you are super brave and it's a fully built bike

Gear up. Have someone drive you over the border to Kinek location or USA address inc. Remove bike from box. Put it together in a parking lot. Ditch the box. Have person drop you off near rainbow bridge. Bike back over in full gear.

max_29
    that's something to think about

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2