Thread: Cuba Riding

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Cuba Riding

Craig and I are heading to Manzanillo Cuba for a training camp mid March with another couple who have been doing their training camp annually down there. They always bring down there mtb's but we are thinking of bringing our cross bikes. Any else gone riding in the south of Cuba and suggest which bike is best?

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Louda View Post
    Craig and I are heading to Manzanillo Cuba for a training camp mid March with another couple who have been doing their training camp annually down there. They always bring down there mtb's but we are thinking of bringing our cross bikes. Any else gone riding in the south of Cuba and suggest which bike is best?
    done that a couple of times - but went with a roadie group - so i do not have real experience with MTB... if it is a training camp - in march - i'd take cross bike for sure. Cuba is top 10 world biking destination, for it's rolling hills type of terrain - which is perfect for Feb-March training... We stayed at Playa Pesquerro or something like that, just south of Holguin... great riding for sure... enjoy...
    Signature

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I did a self-supported bike tour in Cuba a few years ago, and the cross bike was perfect for it. The roads are generally very good and quiet, though some are a little rough.

I can't weigh in on how the mountain biking is in Cuba or if it's worth bringing a mountain bike, but if you are looking for road miles, the CX bike is a great choice.