Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 115
  1. #1
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127

    Crank the Shield 2014 Official Thread of Doom

    While there have been a few random postings here, it seems that CTS 2014 is now official. Registration is live already, although the event details posted still have some items TBA when they have it all sorted out.

    Crank The Shield | Register

    Wonder if the same camp format from 2012 will be retained instead of the camp-to-camp transfer after day 2, like 2008/09/10?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Bummer that it's in the unpredictable Fall season.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tyh83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    338
    That's interesting. Never done Crank the Sheild, may think about it next year though... good warm up to the Transylvania Epic....
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

  4. #4
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by tyh83 View Post
    That's interesting. Never done Crank the Sheild, may think about it next year though... good warm up to the Transylvania Epic....
    Both are super-fun and highly recommended.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  5. #5
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    I volunteer to ride the Beta trials bike that will follow Unglued with all the supplies he will need.

  6. #6
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    follow Unglued with all the supplies he will need.
    Such as plaster and fibreglass?

  7. #7
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Such as plaster and fibreglass?
    Gun tape, patch kits, tubes, Gun tape, 8 liters of Bactine, Paracetamol, tubes, front wheel, rear wheel,.....

  8. #8
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Gun tape, patch kits, tubes, Gun tape, 8 liters of Bactine, Paracetamol, tubes, front wheel, rear wheel,.....
    If I find myself back for this event, I'm going to rig up a grease gun fitting to my bars as a remote with tubing to reapply chamois cream in the necessary places on the fly. I have been known to overdo the stuff a bit. I recall on the start line of a CTS day two (2008?) one of our fellow forum members was quite vocal in pointing out that I was already getting some "seepage" from what admittedly may have been overapplication.

  9. #9
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    If I find myself back for this event, I'm going to rig up a grease gun fitting to my bars as a remote with tubing to reapply chamois cream in the necessary places on the fly. I have been known to overdo the stuff a bit. I recall on the start line of a CTS day two (2008?) one of our fellow forum members was quite vocal in pointing out that I was already getting some "seepage" from what admittedly may have been overapplication.
    I think we already knew you where of the tender sort. But thank you for for confirming this fact.

  10. #10
    dru
    dru is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,443
    Stop, stop, now! No nightmares for me tonight please. As for the ride I'm glad it's back on. I read up on it a year back only to find out it was cancelled for 2013.

    Now I have a whole year to regain fitness, find some more fitness, and stay healthy joint wise. The insanity of 3 days of racing somehow appeals to my mind despite my mid pack performances over the years, but don't ask me why.

    2012 brought 6 months of bursitis on my right kneecap from hitting a rock and then my handlebar about 3 months later.

    2013 on March 8th I fell over into a bush (riding of course) and tore the volar plate of my right index finger. It is almost better as of today but remains 90% functional at best. Very likely permanently disfigured too.

    Oh, and I turn 50 next week......

    Drew
    occasional cyclist

  11. #11
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    Stop, stop, now! No nightmares for me tonight please.
    I'm sensing that you would prefer me to start a separate thread entitled "Chamois Cream 2014 Official Thread of Doom".

  12. #12
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    Stop, stop, now! No nightmares for me tonight please.
    Hmm... nightmare? Easy..invite the crusher of souls Phil Chew to show up.

    Cyclist proves it's all about focus - Victoria News

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by tyh83 View Post
    That's interesting. Never done Crank the Sheild, may think about it next year though... good warm up to the Transylvania Epic....
    You've got me confused, Tyler.
    The Transylvania Epic is in May and CTS is in September.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Hmm... nightmare? Easy..invite the crusher of souls Phil Chew to show up.

    Cyclist proves it's all about focus - Victoria News
    This makes me realize what a lazy ba$tard I am.

  15. #15
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    Stop, stop, now! No nightmares for me tonight please. As for the ride I'm glad it's back on. I read up on it a year back only to find out it was cancelled for 2013.

    Now I have a whole year to regain fitness, find some more fitness, and stay healthy joint wise. The insanity of 3 days of racing somehow appeals to my mind despite my mid pack performances over the years, but don't ask me why.

    2012 brought 6 months of bursitis on my right kneecap from hitting a rock and then my handlebar about 3 months later.

    2013 on March 8th I fell over into a bush (riding of course) and tore the volar plate of my right index finger. It is almost better as of today but remains 90% functional at best. Very likely permanently disfigured too.

    Oh, and I turn 50 next week......

    Drew
    Do it!

    Name:  200x200px-ZC-e617ce02_benStillerDoIt.jpeg
Views: 8295
Size:  11.6 KB
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  16. #16
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    If you would like to increase your preparedness for the 2014 edition. We have many..Bogs, Swamps, and marshes around I would be more then happy to take you for a training ride through.



    All I ask is in return is donations to the 2014 Monstercross fund. I will even let you bunk on the floor.


  17. #17
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    Stop, stop, now! No nightmares for me tonight please. As for the ride I'm glad it's back on. I read up on it a year back only to find out it was cancelled for 2013.

    Now I have a whole year to regain fitness, find some more fitness, and stay healthy joint wise. The insanity of 3 days of racing somehow appeals to my mind despite my mid pack performances over the years, but don't ask me why.

    2012 brought 6 months of bursitis on my right kneecap from hitting a rock and then my handlebar about 3 months later.

    2013 on March 8th I fell over into a bush (riding of course) and tore the volar plate of my right index finger. It is almost better as of today but remains 90% functional at best. Very likely permanently disfigured too.

    Oh, and I turn 50 next week......

    Drew
    that all?

    you have to work harder at really hurting yourself... i can show you how...
    Signature

  18. #18
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    You've got me confused, Tyler.
    The Transylvania Epic is in May and CTS is in September.
    maybe he is doing Transylvania Epic in 2015?
    Signature

  19. #19
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    If you would like to increase your preparedness for the 2014 edition. We have many..Bogs, Swamps, and marshes around I would be more then happy to take you for a training ride through.
    Ha - while that was a fair description of much of the inaugural 2008 edition of CTS, the route has evolved significantly since then thanks to Sean and crew. The trail mix was great last time I participated in 2010, and even dry enough to be dusty in a lot of spots. Some water crossings here and there to give people the real deal experience of riding on a few less groomed trails is a good thing!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tyh83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    You've got me confused, Tyler.
    The Transylvania Epic is in May and CTS is in September.
    Gonna do the Transylvanian the following year (2015)... the same race you are coming to Jean!
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Ha - while that was a fair description of much of the inaugural 2008 edition of CTS, the route has evolved significantly since then thanks to Sean and crew. The trail mix was great last time I participated in 2010, and even dry enough to be dusty in a lot of spots. Some water crossings here and there to give people the real deal experience of riding on a few less groomed trails is a good thing!
    true story, in 2012 the course was much different than the inaugural 2008 "Wade Boggs" edition. Which I still look back on with fond memories now that its over.

    lots more MTB specific singletrack and I think there's more for next year. I'm hopefully back in for my 4th edition, having missed 2009.

  22. #22
    All my faucets is Moen.
    Reputation: thedumbopinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,293
    I was lucky enough to be a sweep rider last year and and it was an amazing weekend. Probably the best time I've had on the bike. Even the Friday where I rode 6hrs in the rain and only made it to aid station 2 was great.

    There were only 2 water crossings (crossing the same place twice). So much amazing singletrack including Sir Sams and The Glebe Trails, and surprisingly awesome section of doubletrack. There is also a long hike-a-bike that leads to the best feedstation location ever.

    I hope to go back but I was planning on organizing an event the same day. Pretty bummed. I wanted to race it this year.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by tyh83 View Post
    Gonna do the Transylvanian the following year (2015)... the same race you are coming to Jean!
    2015... got it.

    I don't know about Transylvanian, too many Vampires.

  24. #24
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by swabag View Post
    true story, in 2012 the course was much different than the inaugural 2008 "Wade Boggs" edition. Which I still look back on with fond memories now that its over.

    I'm hopefully back in for my 4th edition, having missed 2009.
    Are you going to dust off Paziuk as an homage to 2008?

  25. #25
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Ha - while that was a fair description of much of the inaugural 2008 edition of CTS, the route has evolved significantly since then thanks to Sean and crew. The trail mix was great last time I participated in 2010, and even dry enough to be dusty in a lot of spots. Some water crossings here and there to give people the real deal experience of riding on a few less groomed trails is a good thing!
    Yes. However I believe for a event of this magnitude one should make their training harder then the event will be. So one should be looking the nastiest lines they can find.

    Unfortunately it wasn't this year as Paul's would have been excellent training.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Are you going to dust off Paziuk as an homage to 2008?
    That would be a mission to get him out for it, but I'd do it with Paz in a heartbeat again.

  27. #27
    dru
    dru is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    I'm sensing that you would prefer me to start a separate thread entitled "Chamois Cream 2014 Official Thread of Doom".
    Circlip, you need to start the thread in the OC. That is where all the freaks who would like such a thread post. They will then turn it into a thread in the Passion forum, called 'chamois butter passion' to offend the sensibilities of the 'normals' who post there.

    I'm sure too, that you are somewhat acquainted with Tone's? I'm 'freak lite' compared to him.

    Drew
    occasional cyclist

  28. #28
    dru
    dru is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    that all?

    you have to work harder at really hurting yourself... i can show you how...
    Don't worry Oggie, I remember your gimped up body from back in 2010.

    I was attempting to crawl out of O-cup mid pack mediocrity in sport at the time and recall all the posts and pictures of some really fast expert guy who bit it, bad. You were in a halo I do believe?

    Drew
    occasional cyclist

  29. #29
    dru
    dru is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil
    If you would like to increase your preparedness for the 2014 edition. We have many..Bogs, Swamps, and marshes around I would be more then happy to take you for a training ride through.

    All I ask is in return is donations to the 2014 Monstercross fund. I will even let you bunk on the floor.
    If I go and the event looks like it will be wet I might bring my Alfine equipped bike. I'm guessing regular drivetrains would be suffering mid way through the 1st day?

    Drew
    occasional cyclist

  30. #30
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    If I go and the event looks like it will be wet I might bring my Alfine equipped bike. I'm guessing regular drivetrains would be suffering mid way through the 1st day?
    Drivetrains were no big dealio. When it was wet, it was wet enough to keep washing away contaminants, and the tread was usually decomp rather than clay-based so not really sticky.

    Brake pads were another issue. If it's wet, start each day with fresh pads installed and broken in the night before, and consider even bringing spare pads in your pack. Better to stop and take a couple of minutes to pop in new pads, then proceed as normal, rather than having to ride for extended periods with limited braking.

  31. #31
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    Circlip, you need to start the thread in the OC. That is where all the freaks who would like such a thread post. They will then turn it into a thread in the Passion forum, called 'chamois butter passion' to offend the sensibilities of the 'normals' who post there.

    I'm sure too, that you are somewhat acquainted with Tone's? I'm 'freak lite' compared to him.
    If Tone's gets a hold of this thread we're all truly doomed. He's been an occasional visitor to E-C at times. Yes, I am also familiar with his larger body of work in OC and other places. Love that wacky Aussie, but he's got his own style for sure.

  32. #32
    dru
    dru is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,443
    Wow. I don't ride in the wet ever so that surprises me. Basically the grit wears them down in a day of riding? The last time I rode/raced in the wet was the Kelso O-cup in 1998, and I was still running cantilevers......

    Drew
    occasional cyclist

  33. #33
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post

    Brake pads were another issue. If it's wet, start each day with fresh pads installed and broken in the night before, and consider even bringing spare pads in your pack. Better to stop and take a couple of minutes to pop in new pads, then proceed as normal, rather than having to ride for extended periods with limited braking.
    Spoke to a guy after Paul's. He ran out of pads. He has observed that pads with steel backing are far better then one's with aluminium.

  34. #34
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Spoke to a guy after Paul's. He ran out of pads. He has observed that pads with steel backing are far better then one's with aluminium.
    How about just having pads with actual braking material still left on them? Having to decide whether you're going to get better braking out of the steel backing or Alum backing after all the pad material is gone is really aiming for the bottom of the barrel (not that I disagree with the suggestion of steel-backed pads as a failsafe)

    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    Wow. I don't ride in the wet ever so that surprises me. Basically the grit wears them down in a day of riding?
    Oh ya, better believe it. In the right (wrong?) conditions you could easily go from new pads to bare backings in a couple of hours of XC riding. Ask a few hundred people from CTS 2008 how they know this. It's not just XC though, the same can easily happen with a day of DH, or even within the quick duration of a cyclo-cross race.

  35. #35
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    How about just having pads with actual braking material still left on them? Having to decide whether you're going to get better braking out of the steel backing or Alum backing after all the pad material is gone is really aiming for the bottom of the barrel (not that I disagree with the suggestion of steel-backed pads as a failsafe)



    Oh ya, better believe it. In the right (wrong?) conditions you could easily go from new pads to bare backings in a couple of hours of XC riding. Ask a few hundred people from CTS 2008 how they know this. It's not just XC though, the same can easily happen with a day of DH, or even within the quick duration of a cyclo-cross race.
    This was what pads looked like after 40k of Grit at Paul's.



    So my recommendation is to invest in about 5 sets to carry as spares. Also ensure they are the metallic type. Organic dies at a rapid rate under those conditions.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dr.Zoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    874

    RE: Crank the Shield 2014 Official Thread of Doom

    Would the usefulness of a dropper post outweigh the potential for reliability issues for CTS?
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

  37. #37
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg View Post
    Would the usefulness of a dropper post outweigh the potential for reliability issues for CTS?
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Hmm....I would say stick to a regular type seatpost.

    Now for the real discussion.

    27.5 or 650B or 29er the best wheel size?

  38. #38
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    This was what pads looked like after 40k of Grit at Paul's.
    You know that you don't have to come to a full and complete stop at every corner on the trails, right?

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dr.Zoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    874
    From what I recall of Haliburton and looking at the 3 stages from 2010 with mostly atv trails and double track/fire roads i think a 29er is the way to go if you don't have a trusty steed already.

  40. #40
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    You know that you don't have to come to a full and complete stop at every corner on the trails, right?
    You could actually hear your pads being ground down by the grit. It could be best described as classic British grim winter conditions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg View Post
    From what I recall of Haliburton and looking at the 3 stages from 2010 with mostly atv trails and double track/fire roads i think a 29er is the way to go if you don't have a trusty steed already.
    So, the best option would be Slash 5's Inbred maybe with a short travel for then.

  41. #41
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg View Post
    i think a 29er is the way to go
    As a luddite user of 26" wheels only, I think I can add clarity to this discussion by stating unequivocally that some riders on 29ers were ahead of me, and other riders on 29ers were behind me.

    See what I did there?

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dr.Zoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    As a luddite user of 26" wheels only, I think I can add clarity to this discussion by stating unequivocally that some riders on 29ers were ahead of me, and other riders on 29ers were behind me.

    See what I did there?
    Ah, but that is because you already had a trusty steed; dont forget the conditional component of my sage advice; it was meant to be read in its entirety.

  43. #43
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg View Post
    it was meant to be read in its entirety.
    If I did that my attempts to obfuscate and inappropriately isolate context from your original post wouldn't work though.

  44. #44
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    So, the best option would be Slash 5's Inbred maybe with a short travel for then.
    Drop bars (even the Midge) with roadie-style hood brakes for CTS would be a very interesting experience IMHO. I would guess a lot of hardship arising from that setup.

  45. #45
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Drop bars (even the Midge) with roadie-style hood brakes for CTS would be a very interesting experience IMHO. I would guess a lot of hardship arising from that setup.
    Should be doable based on Shiggy's pictures I have seen. But based on the video starting at 2:46 definitely.


  46. #46
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Should be doable based on Shiggy's pictures I have seen. But based on the video starting at 2:46 definitely.
    I'm also sure it is doable by the right rider, but suggesting that a drop bar setup is the preferred configuration based on a general description of a course heavy in ATV and fire roads would be a serious mistake. It ain't no gravel grinder. Many of the ATV sections are more challenging than the vast majority of singletrack in Ontario. But to each their own. If someone really wants to do CTS on a gravel grinder rig I'll be the first one to be there clapping for them at the end.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,590
    Different race altogether in 2012 too as a lot of the Stage 2 atv trails were deleted. To my dismay as I personally love them. However, there was some fantastic new singletrack as noted in the thread added. I understand there's some more changes coming as they tweak the trails, venues, and other details.

    For anyone on the fence...If you have any friends doing this, or can convince anyone to join you on a team, or as individuals to share the experience, it's a fantastic value to challenge yourself, experience some unique trails, and spend a few days with like-minded bike racers in the bush enjoying swapping riding tales and some great food and event hosts. I will be back for sure for the fifth time, and have already reserved a spot on the Public Relations Department calendar.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

    http://www.apexracephotography.com

  48. #48
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    I'm also sure it is doable by the right rider, but suggesting that a drop bar setup is the preferred configuration based on a general description of a course heavy in ATV and fire roads would be a serious mistake. It ain't no gravel grinder. Many of the ATV sections are more challenging than the vast majority of singletrack in Ontario. But to each their own. If someone really wants to do CTS on a gravel grinder rig I'll be the first one to be there clapping for them at the end.
    Actually I would call Shiggy's set ups more Monster Cross...think Jacquie Phelan. Less Gravel.

    And for those lurking. Circlip is right about the ATV track. Most ATV track out in the woods is all rutted out from the ATV's. Dips, Ruts, and so on from them riding when it's is truly a mess. You do take a beating from it. And if it is wet like it has been up here and you have the wrong tire set up it can get unentertaining.

  49. #49
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    And for those lurking. Circlip is right about the ATV track.
    There's just a wee bit of Canadian Shield rock slabs to deal with also.

  50. #50
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    There's just a wee bit of Canadian Shield rock slabs to deal with also.
    Yep.

    And as I slight thread jack. If I had a choice to stay here or move to the area where the pic was taken at the end of this VBall season it would be easy to make.

    http://bb.nsmb.com/attachment.php?at...2&d=1381930194
    Last edited by Enduramil; 10-17-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2014 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29 Thread.
    By Moabdude in forum Specialized
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 12-11-2015, 08:58 AM
  2. Crank the Shield
    By RiotMTB in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 06:04 PM
  3. 2012 Crank the Shield
    By osokolo in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 07:23 PM
  4. Crank The Shield: Trail Build
    By garage monster in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 04:15 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 03:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •