mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Copeland Forest Stewardship

Looks like the first open meeting will be held in four weeks for those interested.

Learn More About The Copeland Forest Stewardship Initiative

Tuesday October 18th ,

St. John's Anglican Church, Craighurst.

Drop in between 5 and 8 p.m.

The Couchiching Conservancy will be hosting an Open House meant to inform and educate users of the Copeland Forest on the significance of this Stewardship Initiative, and how you can participate. After a brief presentation, people attending will have the opportunity to talk one-on-one with the people who are overseeing this project, ask the enforcement officer questions, pour over maps, and learn about the scientific research projects currently under way. You will also have the chance to provide your input, either in writing or verbally, on how you use the forest and what you value about it most.

3191 Penetanguishene Rd, (Hwy 93) Craighurst.

Google Map Directions Snacks & Refreshments

Evil Jr.
    The number one tip I can give to everyone who attends the open house is to take the time to fill out a comment sheet. Even if you talk to the Conservancy people in person, it makes a HUGE difference to leave your thoughts in written form.

Assuming that the Conservancy produces some sort of report based on the feedback from the open house, all the comment sheets will be reproduced and appended to it when it gets reviewed by the land manager.

It's important because the people reading the report actually do take the time to read the comments and they take it for granted that each written statement represents the interests of multiple users.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info swabag.

If anybody is interested in chatting about what conservancy groups do and what they really focus and if you are around the 8 hour course this weekend at Hardwood find the little blond girl with the golden retriever hanging around the solo pit area. She works in part for Nature Conservancy Canada and the notawasaga Valley. So not really Couchiching but she would have some insight as to what these groups do and what they really focus on. I am sure that some of you would be surprised at what they actually do and what they really want to focus on. Plus she is super interested in Mountain biking and is getting addicted to it, so it's somebody on the inside working for mountain bikers. plus I have been keeping her updated on the information discussed here, she also would love to talk to some people who have been involved with IMBA projects.

I personally would love to go out and help with some of the survey stuff they have outlined in the stewardship program so far, I think it would give a little better appreciation of Copland.
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog