mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Collingwood Trail Conditions

I'm heading up to Collingwood this weekend and am wondering what the trail conditions are like? I've heard a rumor that there is loads of dead-fall at 3 Stage? Any info is much appreciated!

Out there
    Aug 2006
    3-Stage is in prime shape. There is no deadfall AT ALL at the top. There is some deadfall on some of the rocky double track and lower connectors, and some growth which makes them tricky. But those sections are short. Almost all of the singletrack is clear. I haven't ridden the blue trails yet but I would imagine they're clear too. There were some trees down on the connector between Underpanty Hill and the blue trails but they were rideable.

Kolapore has one big tree down by Metcalfe Rock which has been there since the fall. The only other place where there is deadfall is on Jackrabbit about halfway to Mt Dhaulaghiri.

Both systems are remarkably dry given the amount of rain we've had.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    That's awesome! ChadG, myself and a bunch of others will be riding 3stage on Sunday and Kolapore on Monday

phil shep

COMM|T OR EAT SH|T

Out there
    Aug 2006
    We will definitely be riding one or both of those places over the weekend too -- if you see a guy on a stealth black Niner RIP9, say hi!
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info - I'm shooting up to 3-stage with a couple of buddies on monday - heard lots about 3-stage but never ridden it - looking forward to it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkheadedbug
    We will definitely be riding one or both of those places over the weekend too -- if you see a guy on a stealth black Niner RIP9, say hi!
    Will do! We'll be on Nomads and Turners if you spot us...
    phil shep

COMM|T OR EAT SH|T

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    3 stage and Kolapore are great rides, but if it has rained within a few days it can
    be pretty greasy in spots. Keep that in mind for a tire choice.

wiz