Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    More than a little slow

New question here. Chico stage race 2008 ????

Does anyone have any insider information on next year's promised stage race from the boys at Chico Racing?
    Especially the 'when' and the 'where'.
    Even vague information would be good.
    A rumour would be even better, life is kinda slow right now.
    Cheers, Dave

mtbr member
    Hang tight Dave...I believe there may be some information forthcoming in the next few weeks, but that may have changed if things haven't been confirmed. I check Chico's site daily for information, but nothing yet...I agree with you, things are definitely a little slow these days...That time of year I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dskunk
    Does anyone have any insider information on next year's promised stage race from the boys at Chico Racing?
    Especially the 'when' and the 'where'.
    Even vague information would be good.
    A rumour would be even better, life is kinda slow right now.
    Cheers, Dave
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Ha, I was wondering about that also. I think something was mentioned about a low cap on registry so a was hoping that everyone forgot about the event. In the spring talks of registry was supposed to be right around now.

mtbr member
    I can see this as a July event. I don't think the boys from Chico would want to try running a 24 hour and a stage event in the same month. It will be interesting to see the route they come up with.

http://matthewspak.blogspot.com/
    http://www.rideblue.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I was also thinking about this event yesterday, when I was contemplating what races I was going to do next year.
    So nobody knows anything yet?
    I'm hoping that we will be able to do this event solo as I never have anyone to team up with.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Rumour mongering.....

I heard 3 days in September in the near North, but not necessarily the long weekend.

mtbr member
    The word on the street is that may be the case, but I don't want to rumour monger.

Quote Originally Posted by racergurl
    I was also thinking about this event yesterday, when I was contemplating what races I was going to do next year.
    So nobody knows anything yet?
    I'm hoping that we will be able to do this event solo as I never have anyone to team up with.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

More than a little slow
    Ahhhh.
    Well, it's nice to know that there are others out there thinking about this race.
    July would work for me. September might be more difficult.
    I've never done a partner stage race ( never done a stage race either ) but it could be interesting to have to hook up with someone rather than just doing it alone.
    Racergurl, shouldn't be too difficult to hook up with someone from here if we have to go with partners eh? You could always go with a mixed team.
    Where is the near North? Bancroft-ish?
    Cheers, Dave

sock puppet

september is the rumour...

july is reserved for BCBR... august for TR, september for this one... 3-4 days, sub 1000 for entry fee, most likely in 800ish range, sleeping indoors, everything included...

most likely team race, 150ish teams...

haliburton forest should be included...

Ahhhh.
    Well, it's nice to know that there are others out there thinking about this race.
    I've never done a partner stage race ( never done a stage race either ) but it could be interesting to have to hook up with someone rather than just doing it alone.
    Racergurl, shouldn't be too difficult to hook up with someone from here if we have to go with partners eh? You could always go with a mixed team.
    Cheers, Dave

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I would like to see this run similar to the races out west etc with teams of two and longish stages 80-100k. My two cents. SHould be fun

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Ok - I'm more than interested...I guess we now patiently await for more information.
    Jouko

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    july is reserved for BCBR... august for TR, september for this one... ...
    This is what I heard. Which bums me out. Working in education, September is busy, busy, busy and taking anytime off is likely not an option.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Ahhhh.
    Cheers, Dave
    Hmmmm, is that an offer, dskunk? Mixed team sounds good to me. There are very few women whose company that I can stand for more then a day.

God, I can't believe that we are going to have to wait until next September (according to Osokolo) to do this race?

sock puppet

That IS THE WAY...

the race will be run, from what i know... they will even have the"naked mile" at the request from noggs...

Quote Originally Posted by north_of_us
    I would like to see this run similar to the races out west etc with teams of two and longish stages 80-100k. My two cents. SHould be fun

Singlespeed Mysty

even if...

Quote Originally Posted by tapsa
    Ok - I'm more than interested...I guess we now patiently await for more information.
    you have to take it all off for the naked mile?

the race will be run, from what i know... they will even have the"naked mile" at the request from noggs...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

sock puppet

not really...

you have to leave the lid on... just the lid...

Quote Originally Posted by 1mystk
    you have to take it all off for the naked mile?

More than a little slow
    Hmmmm, is that an offer, dskunk? Mixed team sounds good to me. There are very few women whose company that I can stand for more then a day.
    Well... there are very few women who can stand my company for more than a day....consider that a warning.
    Tell ya what, if there are no teams then we will race against each other as mortal enemies ( although in separate cats ), but if there are teams then we race under the same flag. That's an offer eh?
    Cheers, Dave

No. Just No.
    Tell ya what, if there are no teams then we will race against each other as mortal enemies
    I plan to glue myself to the rear wheel of the mighty dskunk for every stage, and then just try to grit my teeth and hang on for dear life.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Naked mile or not, you must protect the head and keep it covered!!

Jouko

Singlespeed Mysty

just the lid?

hmm... I will have to remember to bring my wide angle lens to make sure I get it all in ...

Quote Originally Posted by tapsa
    Naked mile or not, you must protect the head and keep it covered!!
    imagine crashing your bike while stark naked ... eeghads ... forget your head... what about other parts

all that just for a t-shirt or stickers or some such ...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Sounds like a plan!

Well... there are very few women who can stand my company for more than a day....consider that a warning.
    Tell ya what, if there are no teams then we will race against each other as mortal enemies ( although in separate cats ), but if there are teams then we race under the same flag. That's an offer eh?
    Cheers, Dave
    But seriously, dskunk, you are way too fast to team up with the likes of me. Obviously finding a partner with similar abilities, speed and endurance wise, is quite an important factor. Mortal enemies it is then.
    Don't see why people can't be given the option to race solo or team in this event.

As for that naked mile thing. Count me out. That's just nasty! All those poor bike seats.

sock puppet

well, then you keep the shorts on....

topless is acceptable as well...

team race is something to remember - way more than individual... dont forget the safety aspect as well...

But seriously, dskunk, you are way too fast to team up with the likes of me. Obviously finding a partner with similar abilities, speed and endurance wise, is quite an important factor. Mortal enemies it is then.
    Don't see why people can't be given the option to race solo or team in this event.

As for that naked mile thing. Count me out. That's just nasty! All those poor bike seats.

sock puppet

depends...

who you crash with...

hmm... I will have to remember to bring my wide angle lens to make sure I get it all in ...

imagine crashing your bike while stark naked ... eeghads ... forget your head... what about other parts

all that just for a t-shirt or stickers or some such ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    September 2008 (between two dates)

3 days, 2 person teams, we almost have the preliminary course dialed 80km - 90km per day. It will most likely begin at Buckwallow and end in Halburton region.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    topless is acceptable as well...

team race is something to remember - way more than individual... dont forget the safety aspect as well...
    If I attempted to ride topless on my HT my boobs would be an inch lower after that mile. All that bouncing. Wouldn't subject my girls to that kind of torture.

sock puppet

hallelujah boys...

Quote Originally Posted by chicoracing

3 days, 2 person teams, we almost have the preliminary course dialed 80km - 90km per day. It will most likely begin at Buckwallow and end in Halburton region.
    will you please pencil me down...

team Nucking Futs...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Teams eh? Well, I'm screwed for this one then. Bummer. Guess I'll concentrate on my 24 hour solo goal for next year instead.

Thanks for letting us know some of the details anyway.

sock puppet
    ?????? why oh why???????

you have 11 months to find yourself a partner, male or female... are you kidding me????

why wouldnt you??????

Singlespeed Mysty

just don't do a phone in entry...

will you please pencil me down...

team Nucking Futs...
    and sir, how do you spell that?

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

sock puppet

heh...

no kidding... i had to spell it 5 times when i was registering for Fall Epic... the girl on the other side of the line was giggling all the time...

and sir, how do you spell that?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    ?????? why oh why???????

you have 11 months to find yourself a partner, male or female... are you kidding me????

why wouldnt you??????

Okay, okay, I'll try.
    Crap, the only woman I've ever really gotten along with was 50 years old, who I used to work with and she ain't into biking, just boozing. She was a blast though!
    I can't just ride with anyone. I'd want to kill most people after riding with them for 3 days.

To apply to be my partner one must:

Have a wicked, perverted, outrageous sense of humor
    Not whine about rain, climbing or technical downhills
    Have an eccentric personality
    Must not be at all boring, boring is BAD
    Must be able to tolerate my loud, long and smelly farts (just kidding, maybe)
    Must be willing to engage in loud, long burping competitions
    Must not have bad body odor
    Must be slightly slower then me in case we get chased by a pack of wolves, a bear, or rabid squirrels

sock puppet

geez...

how did you manage to get married????

Okay, okay, I'll try.
    Crap, the only woman I've ever really gotten along with was 50 years old, who I used to work with and she ain't into biking, just boozing. She was a blast though!
    I can't just ride with anyone. I'd want to kill most people after riding with them for 3 days.

Must be slightly slower then me in case we get chased by a pack of wolves, a bear, or rabid squirrels

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    how did you manage to get married????

I have no idea!

This is no doubt going to be an amazing race. Wow, Buckwallow to Haliburton. Nice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

See I wasn't rumour mongering....

From Chicoracing.com:

We realize people are in the process of putting together their 2008 event season so we thought we would let riders know about something big for 2008.

We are in the process of finalizing an epic stage event in the Muskoka and Haliburton region of Ontario for September of 2008. This will be a 3-day format with approximate distances of 80-100 km per day.

I doubt I'll be able to do it (work, family, legs, lungs...), but good for them. I hope the rest of the people on this thread do it. I'll read the inevitable build-up thread next September and then check the results.

Singlespeed Mysty

here's my resume...does it matter if I suck?

check - I am one of the filthiest girls you will ever meet , I speak my mind, and laugh at myself all the time...

I've gone riding in the rain & snow... best time was a downpour where being sweaty didn't matter cause I was as wet as a sheepdog that had been hosed down...

boring? ME? gosh..never... I'll leave you in stitches - the good kind... I am Robin Williams reincarnated in a womans' body and not as hairy as he is...

eccentric personality... dictionary.com...hmmm... ok...

if I can tolerate three boxers farting on a daily basis, then I don't think I will even notice if you do...

burping competitions? bring it on SISTAR!!! ... pass the milk please... milk burps are the best kind...

I do beleive in lady speed stick, so no worries about the smelly part...

I am slower, trust me... and as far as bears, wolves and other furry creatures... I am the animal whisperer... they won't give us a problem...

so... do I make the cut??

Oggie can be my reference... since he knows me and can account for most of my above qualifications...

oh yeah... Noggs too... and AndrewTO... they can account for some of those too...

Oh Oggie dear... did I leave anything out???

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

More than a little slow

the courtship dances are about to begin (have begun?)

Quote Originally Posted by Circlip
    I plan to glue myself to the rear wheel of the mighty dskunk for every stage, and then just try to grit my teeth and hang on for dear life.
    Circlip, I'm beginning to believe that you are a lying son of a b... .
    Are you going to come back this way for Solstice and this stage race?
    That would be cool. Seems like there would be more of a chance to socialize at a stage race ( vs your no pits rule ). You and PJ on a team would be interesting eh? and fast, as long as you didn't kill each other. I'm going to have to start shopping around for a partner now that racergurl has rejected me
    By the way, racergurl, I'm not fast, I just play dirty . You start shopping for a partner and I will too, and if no one likes us by the end of next summer, well then you could always suffer with me.

PS Chico... thanks for the teaser info. And thanks for doing this race,I'm really starting to look forward to it

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    That would be cool. Seems like there would be more of a chance to socialize at a stage race ( vs your no pits rule ). You and PJ on a team would be interesting eh? and fast, as long as you didn't kill each other. I'm going to have to start shopping around for a partner now that racergurl has rejected me
    By the way, racergurl, I'm not fast, I just play dirty . You start shopping for a partner and I will too, and if no one likes us by the end of next summer, well then you could always suffer with me.

PS Chico... thanks for the teaser info. And thanks for doing this race,I'm really starting to look forward to it

Sounds like a plan dskunk. You're on!
    Last edited by racergurl; 11-05-2007 at 03:18 AM.
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Okay, you've already got me laughing,,

check - I am one of the filthiest girls you will ever meet , I speak my mind, and laugh at myself all the time...

I've gone riding in the rain & snow... best time was a downpour where being sweaty didn't matter cause I was as wet as a sheepdog that had been hosed down...

boring? ME? gosh..never... I'll leave you in stitches - the good kind... I am Robin Williams reincarnated in a womans' body and not as hairy as he is...

eccentric personality... dictionary.com...hmmm... ok...

if I can tolerate three boxers farting on a daily basis, then I don't think I will even notice if you do...

burping competitions? bring it on SISTAR!!! ... pass the milk please... milk burps are the best kind...

I do beleive in lady speed stick, so no worries about the smelly part...

I am slower, trust me... and as far as bears, wolves and other furry creatures... I am the animal whisperer... they won't give us a problem...

so... do I make the cut??

Oggie can be my reference... since he knows me and can account for most of my above qualifications...

oh yeah... Noggs too... and AndrewTO... they can account for some of those too...

Totally no fair that you have THREE dogs! I'm in the process of trying to convince my husband to let me get a second one.

Hmmmm, yes, your resume is quite impressive indeed! I have yet to meet a woman who can defeat my window shaking belches. If we meet at the winter W.O.W we will have to take each other up on that challenge, while all the other riders stare at us in utter disgust.

And I totally luv Robin Williams.

This could work. We've got almost a year to train our butts off.
    High on Life

Singlespeed Mysty

5 on the Richter magnitude scale

Totally no fair that you have THREE dogs! I'm in the process of trying to convince my husband to let me get a second one.

Hmmmm, yes, your resume is quite impressive indeed! I have yet to meet a woman who can defeat my window shaking belches. If we meet at the winter W.O.W we will have to take each other up on that challenge, while all the other riders stare at us in utter disgust.

And I totally luv Robin Williams.

This could work. We've got almost a year to train our butts off.
    last burp was devastating...

yes, three dogs... boxers at that - and they can sure belch too... we always have competitions they are best known for their silent bomb attacks of farts... let's not talk about that...

tell your hubby that dogs are better in pairs... and if he is still not convinced, you two are more than welcome to drop by my house and be slobbered on by three boxer babies...

so how good are you? do I need to train 5 days a week to be at speed with you? I have only been riding a year... if I set my mind to it, I may just be able to pull this off ... maybe this is where you will give me the FORGETABOOOOTIT...

yes, Oggie dear... I can just hear you mumbling in the rafters... "get yourself a real bike"... shhh... don't let Noggy Noodles Poodles Boodles hear you say that... he may just cry...
    Attached Images Attached Images

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm not that fast. I get my butt kicked regularily at the O-Cups.

And for me, this race isn't all about winning or even getting up on that podium, though it would be awesome if it did happen. My main goal is to have a great time, take in some scenery and new trails and harass as many guys as possible along the way.
    Now, still, it would be nice to be somewhat competitive as it is a race afterall. We've got lots of time to train!

Oh, and your puppies are gorgeous! Okay, that could totally be taken the wrong way.
    High on Life

Singlespeed Mysty

harass as many guys as possible along the way you say??

I'm not that fast. I get my butt kicked regularily at the O-Cups.

And for me, this race isn't all about winning or even getting up on that podium, though it would be awesome if it did happen. My main goal is to have a great time, take in some scenery and new trails and harass as many guys as possible along the way.
    Now, still, it would be nice to be somewhat competitive as it is a race afterall. We've got lots of time to train!

Oh, and your puppies are gorgeous! Okay, that could totally be taken the wrong way.
    racergirl, I like your style of thinking already (high five) ...

my puppies? I don't have any of the other sort ... although if they were guaranteed to grow from all that bouncing if we go topless on that naked mile - then I'm in!

and as for the puppy puppies... look how innocent... who would ever know the fowl stench that comes from their bums... ok, it's not that bad... they are on a healthy diet afterall...

lots of time to train ... and O-Cup racer you are? lord have mercy on my soul... I best start hitting the trainer and riding as much as I can... maybe I should join a gym...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Hmmm...I'd be interested if it wasn't a team thing. I don't understand why you need a partner - I can see why they do it in the TR and BCBR, but for only a 3 day race in Ontario?

That's too bad, I was really looking forward to this.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Overkill
    Hmmm...I'd be interested if it wasn't a team thing. I don't understand why you need a partner - I can see why they do it in the TR and BCBR, but for only a 3 day race in Ontario?

I seem to recall hearing that the original 24 solo racer was someone signing up his 'family' and then showing up all alone on race day.

Stosh
    If you happen to see my lungs back there, tell them I've gone on ahead.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    There might be a solo category as well. We are still thinking about that.

sock puppet

no tents..

Sounds like a plan dskunk. You're on!
    Curious about the sleeping accomodations though. We wouldn't have to share a room/tent would we?
    it will be room accomodation...

sock puppet

why?

what is your problem with a team concept? you dont have friends that ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill

sock puppet

yes...

you would do a naked mile in a heartbeat...

No. Just No.
    Wha, wha, wha, what??? I have no idea what you're implying.

That would be cool.
    In a perfect world I'd like to hit both, but I am also pretty thick into plans for Trans Rockies (not 100% decided) and the combination of all 3 in a single year might not be realistic, even though it would be nice to have a pair of trips to visit family and friends. I suspect 2 of 3 is all that I'll be able to manage.

Seems like there would be more of a chance to socialize at a stage race ( vs your no pits rule ).
    Hey, I'm the chattiest guy around when I'm out on the course. So much so that I think I've caused a few people to slow down and drop back because they simply can't stand to hear me yapping at them non stop. With respect to the the pit stops, it's kind of difficult to find time to stop when I'm losing for the entire freakin' 24 hours to the Michigan wonder boy. You might not remember it, but the previous time in 2005 I did come and hang out at your campfire with you for about 10 minutes (ooh, ahh...) because I had a big gap to work with.

You and PJ on a team would be interesting eh? and fast, as long as you didn't kill each other.
    I can't see PJ spending money to travel to race in Ontario, so I don't think that's in the cards, but yes that would certainly be an interesting idea. Since A.G. is taking a hiatus as my usual partner for any duo/tag events, I have another candidate already cooked up to stand in for him in the meanwhile, until such time as he's ready to return to action. The whole "no pit stops" deal is his fault anyhow, since last time he was running support for me he refused to actually set up a pit area. His reasoning was that I was supposed to be on the course all the time so that I shouldn't need a pit area. Looked pretty silly having a whole campsite with one lonely lawn chair plunked in the middle of it.

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*

Question on how a Stage Race works...

I don't want to sound like a total 'tard here but could someone please explain to me how a 2 Person Team "Stage Race" works...

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Looking for Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by chicoracing

Like it already !

Keep it a team thing......you don't want anti-social misfits to dampen the festivities. It will also attract the adventure racing types, who do team events on a regular basis.

Don't forget about Leslie Frost Conservation Centre......good stuff in there too.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast