Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    More than a little slow

New question here. Chico stage race 2008 ????

Does anyone have any insider information on next year's promised stage race from the boys at Chico Racing?
    Especially the 'when' and the 'where'.
    Even vague information would be good.
    A rumour would be even better, life is kinda slow right now.
    Cheers, Dave

mtbr member
    Hang tight Dave...I believe there may be some information forthcoming in the next few weeks, but that may have changed if things haven't been confirmed. I check Chico's site daily for information, but nothing yet...I agree with you, things are definitely a little slow these days...That time of year I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dskunk
    Does anyone have any insider information on next year's promised stage race from the boys at Chico Racing?
    Especially the 'when' and the 'where'.
    Even vague information would be good.
    A rumour would be even better, life is kinda slow right now.
    Cheers, Dave
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Ha, I was wondering about that also. I think something was mentioned about a low cap on registry so a was hoping that everyone forgot about the event. In the spring talks of registry was supposed to be right around now.

mtbr member
    I can see this as a July event. I don't think the boys from Chico would want to try running a 24 hour and a stage event in the same month. It will be interesting to see the route they come up with.

http://matthewspak.blogspot.com/
    http://www.rideblue.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I was also thinking about this event yesterday, when I was contemplating what races I was going to do next year.
    So nobody knows anything yet?
    I'm hoping that we will be able to do this event solo as I never have anyone to team up with.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Rumour mongering.....

I heard 3 days in September in the near North, but not necessarily the long weekend.

mtbr member
    The word on the street is that may be the case, but I don't want to rumour monger.

Quote Originally Posted by racergurl
    I was also thinking about this event yesterday, when I was contemplating what races I was going to do next year.
    So nobody knows anything yet?
    I'm hoping that we will be able to do this event solo as I never have anyone to team up with.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

More than a little slow
    Ahhhh.
    Well, it's nice to know that there are others out there thinking about this race.
    July would work for me. September might be more difficult.
    I've never done a partner stage race ( never done a stage race either ) but it could be interesting to have to hook up with someone rather than just doing it alone.
    Racergurl, shouldn't be too difficult to hook up with someone from here if we have to go with partners eh? You could always go with a mixed team.
    Where is the near North? Bancroft-ish?
    Cheers, Dave

sock puppet

september is the rumour...

july is reserved for BCBR... august for TR, september for this one... 3-4 days, sub 1000 for entry fee, most likely in 800ish range, sleeping indoors, everything included...

most likely team race, 150ish teams...

haliburton forest should be included...

Ahhhh.
    Well, it's nice to know that there are others out there thinking about this race.
    I've never done a partner stage race ( never done a stage race either ) but it could be interesting to have to hook up with someone rather than just doing it alone.
    Racergurl, shouldn't be too difficult to hook up with someone from here if we have to go with partners eh? You could always go with a mixed team.
    Cheers, Dave

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I would like to see this run similar to the races out west etc with teams of two and longish stages 80-100k. My two cents. SHould be fun

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Ok - I'm more than interested...I guess we now patiently await for more information.
    Jouko

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    july is reserved for BCBR... august for TR, september for this one... ...
    This is what I heard. Which bums me out. Working in education, September is busy, busy, busy and taking anytime off is likely not an option.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Ahhhh.
    Cheers, Dave
    Hmmmm, is that an offer, dskunk? Mixed team sounds good to me. There are very few women whose company that I can stand for more then a day.

God, I can't believe that we are going to have to wait until next September (according to Osokolo) to do this race?

sock puppet

That IS THE WAY...

the race will be run, from what i know... they will even have the"naked mile" at the request from noggs...

Quote Originally Posted by north_of_us
    I would like to see this run similar to the races out west etc with teams of two and longish stages 80-100k. My two cents. SHould be fun

Singlespeed Mysty

even if...

Quote Originally Posted by tapsa
    Ok - I'm more than interested...I guess we now patiently await for more information.
    you have to take it all off for the naked mile?

the race will be run, from what i know... they will even have the"naked mile" at the request from noggs...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

sock puppet

not really...

you have to leave the lid on... just the lid...

Quote Originally Posted by 1mystk
    you have to take it all off for the naked mile?

More than a little slow
    Hmmmm, is that an offer, dskunk? Mixed team sounds good to me. There are very few women whose company that I can stand for more then a day.
    Well... there are very few women who can stand my company for more than a day....consider that a warning.
    Tell ya what, if there are no teams then we will race against each other as mortal enemies ( although in separate cats ), but if there are teams then we race under the same flag. That's an offer eh?
    Cheers, Dave

Chicken or egg? Moderator
    Tell ya what, if there are no teams then we will race against each other as mortal enemies
    I plan to glue myself to the rear wheel of the mighty dskunk for every stage, and then just try to grit my teeth and hang on for dear life.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Naked mile or not, you must protect the head and keep it covered!!

Jouko

Singlespeed Mysty

just the lid?

hmm... I will have to remember to bring my wide angle lens to make sure I get it all in ...

Quote Originally Posted by tapsa
    Naked mile or not, you must protect the head and keep it covered!!
    imagine crashing your bike while stark naked ... eeghads ... forget your head... what about other parts

all that just for a t-shirt or stickers or some such ...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Sounds like a plan!

Well... there are very few women who can stand my company for more than a day....consider that a warning.
    Tell ya what, if there are no teams then we will race against each other as mortal enemies ( although in separate cats ), but if there are teams then we race under the same flag. That's an offer eh?
    Cheers, Dave
    But seriously, dskunk, you are way too fast to team up with the likes of me. Obviously finding a partner with similar abilities, speed and endurance wise, is quite an important factor. Mortal enemies it is then.
    Don't see why people can't be given the option to race solo or team in this event.

As for that naked mile thing. Count me out. That's just nasty! All those poor bike seats.

sock puppet

well, then you keep the shorts on....

topless is acceptable as well...

team race is something to remember - way more than individual... dont forget the safety aspect as well...

But seriously, dskunk, you are way too fast to team up with the likes of me. Obviously finding a partner with similar abilities, speed and endurance wise, is quite an important factor. Mortal enemies it is then.
    Don't see why people can't be given the option to race solo or team in this event.

As for that naked mile thing. Count me out. That's just nasty! All those poor bike seats.

sock puppet

depends...

who you crash with...

Quote Originally Posted by 1mystk
    hmm... I will have to remember to bring my wide angle lens to make sure I get it all in ...

imagine crashing your bike while stark naked ... eeghads ... forget your head... what about other parts

all that just for a t-shirt or stickers or some such ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    September 2008 (between two dates)

3 days, 2 person teams, we almost have the preliminary course dialed 80km - 90km per day. It will most likely begin at Buckwallow and end in Halburton region.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    topless is acceptable as well...

team race is something to remember - way more than individual... dont forget the safety aspect as well...
    If I attempted to ride topless on my HT my boobs would be an inch lower after that mile. All that bouncing. Wouldn't subject my girls to that kind of torture.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast