Thread: Chicked!

Evil Jr.

Chicked!

chicked: adj, to be beaten (especially as a male) by your wife or girlfriend in competition: last night at Albion, I got chicked by Mrs. Monster.

This vocabulary builder was brought to you all the way from Hillary in Tennessee courtesy of my rear flat.

Topic for discussion: Does getting chicked make you feel like less of a man?
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    ROFLMAO......noticed you had to throw the flat tire in there so you really have an excuse for being chicked. But I do give you credit for advertising it. Just kidding I got a good laugh out of your post. I like passing guys and beating them but they don't know they have been chicked and I have nodody that rides that I can chick that I can rub it into them. You aren't less of a man you just have one tough chick that can ride hard and shoudl be proud. or take credit and say it was from all your tips and training that she has accomplished this. This will give you more push for the next race and now the challenge is on for the summer.

Keep pedaling...
    Apr 2008
    I was once camping with some friends up north, and we went to check out some cliffs to jump off in to the water. These were SCARY high cliffs, though. I was like "no way I'm not jumping off that - you're crazy", and was about to leave when some girls showed up and one of them jumped off in to the water.
    I had to turn around and do it a few times, so as not to get "chicked". Instead it was them who got "cocked". It was a fun afternoon.

bi-winning
    I have mixed feelings about getting "chicked." Part of me loves the fact that women are getting involved, and taking things to a higher level.

It can sting sometimes though.

When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Dorkimus Prime

I'm not happy sharing this story, but in the spirit of the thread...

My wife and I went to a Superbowl party this year - we figured it would be a hoot given that she's a Steelers fan and all. It was just a small social with three couples, chili, beer and lots of booze.

She kept saying it would be a "3 point game". As some of you more well rounded people should know the Steelers won by 4 points. Post game, as she was professing her greatness of predicting both the winner and margin; I interjected that it was a 4, F-O-U-R, point game.

Well didn't she just pistol whip me in front of my friends like someone from Philadelphia, not Pittsburg. She proceeded to "jersey" me, feed me about thirty or forty uppercuts and then mount me like I was some drunk fan getting thrown into the UFC octagon! I lose approximately 70% of my strength when laughing and her savage attack started off as incredibly amusing. What started out as drunk cavorting resulted in me eating about two dozen knuckle sandwiches followed by her sitting on me, declaring me, her unsignificant other, "CHICKED"!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've chicked the boys my entire life. Loved being picked ahead of the other boys in school when it was time to make up the baseball and soccer teams. Yeah baby!!

Seriously though, when I'm MTB racing, I don't think about beating that man in front of me. I'm more concerned about being chicked by another chick!

Of course, I do still rub it in my husbands face about the time I chicked him at the Enduro Championships a few years ago. Just can't let that one go!!

Good job Mrs. Monster!!
    Last edited by racergurl; 05-14-2009 at 06:48 AM.
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey. It's not funny getting beat up by the ladies on the trail. But guys, don't forget we have millions of excuses to choose from. Health issues, mechanical problems, we started out giving a head start... Just pick one. It's cool.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    chicked: adj, to be beaten (especially as a male) by your wife or girlfriend in competition: last night at Albion, I got chicked by Mrs. Monster.

This vocabulary builder was brought to you all the way from Hillary in Tennessee courtesy of my rear flat.

Topic for discussion: Does getting chicked make you feel like less of a man?
    The only time I "chicked" by the wife is when we play volleyball. Kind of hard to out play an ex national team member.

When it comes to racing, depends on the view.

Is it winter yet?
    May 2007
    I get beat by women, girls, and elementary school children, but this isn't really my sport.

In ski racing, I'm not nearly as bad, but the top women still beat me. As Enduramil notes, it's not that embarrassing when the women are ex-national team, or ex-provincial team.

With proper training, women are fast. It's annoying, but true.

mtbr member
    Here is my "chicked" secret. A couple of years ago when racergurl was still doing O-Cups in Expert, I constantly checked out her time and compared it to my own performance. I was damn happy when occasionally I beat her time.

Poor racergurl, didn't even know she was "racing" against some fool in singlespeed category.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

Evil Jr.
    Pfft! There's no shame in that. I always compare my O-cup average speed with the Elite Women. Emily Batty clocked in at 19.32 km/h last Sunday. That was faster than even Dave Dermont and he's no snail.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Ah serious, now it's going to be my goal to "chick" you. Come on, do the 8 hour spring relay solo.

I always compared my time to fellow MTBers when I raced the O-Cups too.

I still remember "chicking" nspace at the fall relay a few years ago, while he was puking up his chow. A sweet day for sure! Now he flys by me like I'm standing still. How did all you guys get so darn fast now?
    Last edited by racergurl; 05-14-2009 at 12:38 PM.
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Unfortunately it is too early for 8 hour races for me. This year I have no rides longer than 2 hours and most are 1-1.5 hours. I am struggling to get in 7-8 hours per week because I have a new job. Yeah, I know, excuses.

But if things line up, I will gladly be chicked at the Summer 8 HOUR Epic.

As for nspace, he is fast indeed. I get to beat him only when things go very wrong for him - like it happened at Mansfield.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It happens all the time with me. I get more frustrated when it happens on a DH or a technical section... I'm not in shape but I always thought I could brake deep and dodge trees.

Misfit Psycles
    i just don't see the fuss.
    i quite like getting chicked.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Team Speed Co-Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    i just don't see the fuss.
    i quite like getting chicked.
    I second that thought... not that i could do much about it, but if i have the choice... I choose not to follow the large hairy smelly man, but that's just me.
    Thou Shalt Always Respect the Plight

Rusting Steel
    No worries, the more it happens, the easier it is to take. Or something Canadian like that...

Them thar TN girls is tough! Hilary said if all mtb races were walking based she'd be a rock star!

And the three bikes
    Never had the opportunity to 'chick' the hubbie. Even if he flatted, he'd likely run by me with the bike over his shoulder. However, I did manage to chick a guy at the Tuesday night series last year...the victory was somewhat hollow as his chain fell off at least 5 times in one lap! I'll take it though. This year I'll just have to work on getting ahead of those 10 year old boys that swarm me at the start line on Tuesday nights...